Hacking An error has occurred press and hold the power button

LOC98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I downloaded I file that I thought updated my R4i 3ds gold but when I open the R4 I get this messeage "An error has occurred press and hold the power button..." but I don't think my DSi has been updated since its version 1.3E. Does this mean I have to buy a new card?

Please help

LOC98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
did you run the file? you need a DS lite to run the update file.
It was on the R4 card on my Nintendo DSi I ran the update file for R4 but after that I couldn't access the R4 card and I got that error message.
Try reinserting and cleaning your card. That worked for me. If you still have the problem, an update might also work to update the white list of Nintendo DS games but that might be risky.
I have tried cleaning it but didn't work, the only things I can think of that I might try is updating the Nintendo or buy a new card.

LOC98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
website on the card?

R4-gold.com

did you run the file? you need a DS lite to run the update file.

I don't it matters since most flashcards work in legacy mode.

Yeah, don't update it yet until your sure that other flashcard you're buying supports firmware v1.4.4.

Do you have any suggestions to which card? The whole thing started because I wanted to play b/w 2 on my DSi :)

Like hatredg0d said, DSTWO is great. But there are also some other good cards like Acekard 2i. But the one I recommend CycloDS iEvolution for Pokemon Black and White 2 because it's DSi enhanced, like WPA support and less lag. But the other two cards are just as good if you don't really need those extra features since you might be under a budget.

the cards a clone, the real r4 gold would say r4ids.cn

If you getting a new card DStwo is awesome.

That's not even a real R4i card. R4i does not exist.

Why do you keep recommending the CycloDS iEvolution? Wifi doesn't work in DSi mode and it hasn't been updated for a while and never will be. Stop recommending shit products.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
And what do you mean that's not a real r4i card? r4ids.cn is one of the better r4i cards. You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like they applied the wrong upgrade. They'll need a second flash cart to unbrick the first, so they might as well get another flash cart and just use that.

EDIT: And what they mean is that the only official "R4" is "R4 Revolution For DS". Any R4 that works on the DSi is not an official R4.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat