Hacking "An error has occurred." after update to lastest FW. r4ids.cn

m4gNifY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Edit: IT WORKS NOW, SCROLL DOWN FOR SOLUTION

So today I was reading about the GBA games being added to the eShop, so I wanted to update my firmware so that I could go online and check them out.

First, I checked the http://gbatemp.net/t...ilation-thread/ page, which states that "R4i Gold (3DS, r4ids.cn) -1.4.4 Narnia Prince Caspian" Works. I did an in-menu update and it updated fine. I then took out the r43ds from my 3ds, and updated the firmware of the 3ds.

Now when I try to start it, i get an error:
"An error has occured.​
Press and hold the POWER Button​
to turn the system off.​
Please refer to the Operations​
Manual for details."​

I also tried updating the files with the downloads from www.r4ids.cn, wihch is where my card is from. Still doesn't work.

Anyone know anything what I can do?

Edit: It works now. After an email sent to [email protected], i got this response:

R4iDS.cn said:
You might need to do a V1.44 patch(ftp://r4idsdown:r4id...V144Patch-2.rar) again for your 3DS card, see details here:

You should get a NDS Lite console(borrow one from others if you don't have one) and one any other flashcard(called "A" -like R4, TT, AK2, M3 or SupperDS two..)), which works properly on NDSL.
1.Download the latest WOOD R4 firmware from www.r4ids.cn and unzip it to the root directory of your tf card;
2.Copy R4iGold3DS_V144_Patch_NDSL.nds to your tf card;
3.Just power your NDSL on and boot up R4iGold3DS_V144_Patch_NDSL.nds with "A" card;
4.Take "A" card out of the NDSL;
5.Reinsert your broken R4i Gold 3DS card into the NDSL;
6.Press KEY_A and the updating process will begin;
7.You should keep your NDSL powered on during the updating process;
8.IF the result shows SUCCESS, it means you have updated your R4i Gold 3DS successfully and this card can work on DSi V1.4.4 and 3DS V4.1.0-8;

support@r4ids

What I find odd, is that I am 100% sure that I have done this update before.

m4gNifY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry(for the stupid post). i read on the site the dorasu icon will work on the latest

Is the DORASU icon the NDS game icon that shows in the 3DS? It show up, it's a SpongeBob SquarePants game in japanese letters

In-menu updates do not update your bootloader, only your kernel (game loader).

If you can't find another DS to do the actual update on, you're screwed.

I do have another DS. But shouldn't the files from the site be enough? (r4ids.cn)

edit: Used my NDSL and updated, it said "already updated", and still doesn't work in my 3DS

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Please check the game icon showed on the screen when you power it on.
Just have a look at the R4i Gold 3DS Card - The Icon Vs. System version support here:
http://www.r4ids.cn/r4ids-e.html.
Please make a comparision.

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Edit: IT WORKS NOW, SCROLL DOWN FOR SOLUTION

So today I was reading about the GBA games being added to the eShop, so I wanted to update my firmware so that I could go online and check them out.

First, I checked the http://gbatemp.net/t...ilation-thread/ page, which states that "R4i Gold (3DS, r4ids.cn) -1.4.4 Narnia Prince Caspian" Works. I did an in-menu update and it updated fine. I then took out the r43ds from my 3ds, and updated the firmware of the 3ds.

Now when I try to start it, i get an error:
"An error has occured.​
Press and hold the POWER Button​
to turn the system off.​
Please refer to the Operations​
Manual for details."​

I also tried updating the files with the downloads from www.r4ids.cn, wihch is where my card is from. Still doesn't work.

Anyone know anything what I can do?

Edit: It works now. After an email sent to support@[member='R4ids.cn'], i got this response:

R4iDS.cn said:
You might need to do a V1.44 patch(ftp://r4idsdown:r4id...V144Patch-2.rar) again for your 3DS card, see details here:

You should get a NDS Lite console(borrow one from others if you don't have one) and one any other flashcard(called "A" -like R4, TT, AK2, M3 or SupperDS two..)), which works properly on NDSL.
1.Download the latest WOOD R4 firmware from www.r4ids.cn and unzip it to the root directory of your tf card;
2.Copy R4iGold3DS_V144_Patch_NDSL.nds to your tf card;
3.Just power your NDSL on and boot up R4iGold3DS_V144_Patch_NDSL.nds with "A" card;
4.Take "A" card out of the NDSL;
5.Reinsert your broken R4i Gold 3DS card into the NDSL;
6.Press KEY_A and the updating process will begin;
7.You should keep your NDSL powered on during the updating process;
8.IF the result shows SUCCESS, it means you have updated your R4i Gold 3DS successfully and this card can work on DSi V1.4.4 and 3DS V4.1.0-8;

support@r4ids

What I find odd, is that I am 100% sure that I have done this update before.
GBA games are not being added to the eShop. Only if you're an Ambassador you could get 'em. Plus, they've been available for half a year! (facepalm)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: