An erro appears on my hombrew old Nintendo 3ds anytime I open a game cia I installed

Jephter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
An error occurred (ErrorDisp)

Error type: Generic
Process Id: 39
Process name:. Garfield
Process title id:. Ox0004000000169000
Address:. 0x0010af98
Error code:. 0xd900458b

Press any button to reboot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211027-061155-1.jpg
    Screenshot_20211027-061155-1.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 59

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's generic

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's generic
🤦‍♀️ And this means… exactly what?

Please copy all your data from the SD to your computer, reformat the SD to FAT32 and check it with h2testw or F3. This is important to ensure your SD is not faulty/fake/dying.
https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/issues/1346#issuecomment-614332963
TuxSH (on Github) said:
Latest commits/oreo's PR should have fixed it. The issue with "0xd900458b" comes from title or savedata corruption
^^^^^
Because of this piece of information you should ensure the CIA file is okay. In doubt dump your cartridge again (maybe to a different SD).

TurdPooCharger about not starting games in general:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/an-error-occured-errdisp-error-type-generic.515963/#post-9028561

Good luck and have fun!

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Off topic, but I miss @TurdPooCharger . He's the 3ds Wikipedia. I hope he's okay.
I feel the same way.
It's funny, since according to Turd, he got all of his knowledge from experimenting with the 3DS to the point of even leaving the NAND memory totally blank and then reflashing it via hardware.
His quadruple formatting method was and still is a valid method to fix a lot of 3DS problems, and it's pretty great.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel the same way.
It's funny, since according to Turd, he got all of his knowledge from experimenting with the 3DS to the point of even leaving the NAND memory totally blank and then reflashing it via hardware.
His quadruple formatting method was and still is a valid method to fix a lot of 3DS problems, and it's pretty great.
Haven't seen him in over a year, so I'm worried about him. I consider him a friend.

Reactions: E1ite007

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Haven't seen him in over a year, so I'm worried about him. I consider him a friend.
I talked to him briefly in January.
He was here for a couple of days and then he leaved. According to him, he had to deal with some Github issues.
It was one of the first people who not only make me feel helpful here in GBAtemp, but the first that interacted with me in another way that wasn't just troubleshooting people's problems.
Yeah, I consider him one of my dearest friends here in GBAtemp, along with you, @V10lator and @huma_dawii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    Veho @ Veho: Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.