An Animal Crossing focused Nintendo Direct is happening this week

saTWonX.png

The Nintendo Direct drought has ended! Nintendo has announced that they will be hosting a Nintendo Direct this week, focused entirely on Animal Crossing: New Horizons. It'll kick off on February 20th at 6am PT and will last 25 minutes.

:arrow: Source

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I thought Nintendo had ceased to exist already.
Oh well, it's not about Metroid Prime 4 but it's a direct at least.

I hope they take a minute to announce MP4 was cancelled and stop the suffering already.

Reactions: Jayro and IC_

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh god lord.. Make a 1 hour long directs and put everything there... The wait for a normal direct is bad.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
F-Zero fans, StarFox fans, Pilotwings fans and Punch-out fans can be added there too
The first F-Zero direct.... any day now..... any day.....
Animal Crossing Direct a bit close to release isn't it?
Would be nice to hear something about the broken save backup system and such but somehow I don't think they'll say anything at all about it.

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
“Nintendo, this is the 7th week in a row you’ve shown Animal Crossing to the class”

I’m pretty confident that whoever wanted Animal Crossing is already sold on it, so I’m actually curious to see what they have in store for this
Quite the opposite - people in AC community got increasingly worried over lack of any info about the game, with rumors about development troubles popping up and some folks opting out of preorders (especially after being burned on somewhat rushed Pokemon Sword & Shield). Pre-release Direct is a good way to hype up the audience and reassure the fans that they're going to receive a quality game.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The first F-Zero direct.... any day now..... any day.....
Animal Crossing Direct a bit close to release isn't it?
Would be nice to hear something about the broken save backup system and such but somehow I don't think they'll say anything at all about it.
I would say "homebrew local backup is better than paid online backup", but not all Switch systems are exploitable, so a lot of people would be SoL.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Quite the opposite - people in AC community got increasingly worried over lack of any info about the game, with rumors about development troubles popping up and some folks opting out of preorders (especially after being burned on somewhat rushed Pokemon Sword & Shield). Pre-release Direct is a good way to hype up the audience and reassure the fans that they're going to receive a quality game.
Because of leaks early on, describing just how woefully and unacceptably incomplete Sword/Shield were (488 Pokemon missing, per the attached image, along with a slew of moves), that they reused models and animations from the 3DS games - thus meaning no improvement to move animations or Flying-type models to suit the much more powerful hardware, and how ugly the Galar region itself was, I never bought the games. Oh, and half-assed online features too, but that's not my cup of tea. They also flat-out lied about the reason why they removed 488 Pokemon, never mentioned just how many were removed, never told their native Japanese audience about the removal whatsoever, and broke promises made in 2018 after Let's Go removed 656 Pokemon. #GameFreakLied, by the way.

Now that they're charging $30 per DLC, per game (so $60 for both DLC for one game; $120 if you have both games) and $16 to store 6 MB of data (Pokemon files = 1 KB. 6000 files = 6000 KB = 6 MB) along with bringing back non-retarded versions of the GTS and Wonder Trade, my refusal is even more firm.

The ONLY reason Sword/Shield sold 16 million copes and counting is because of the Pokemon brand, instead of their actual quality, and seeing how Game FrEAk and The Pokemon Company have shifted priorities to 'rely on brand name' instead of 'rely on game quality' (which they did until 2013) has me realise the series is practically dead now. A mere shell of what it once was.

Why Sword and Shield Are Awful.png

Reactions: Stealphie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all