An Animal Crossing focused Nintendo Direct is happening this week

saTWonX.png

The Nintendo Direct drought has ended! Nintendo has announced that they will be hosting a Nintendo Direct this week, focused entirely on Animal Crossing: New Horizons. It'll kick off on February 20th at 6am PT and will last 25 minutes.

:arrow: Source

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never played Advance Wars, but if a Switch game comes out, i might play it. Advance Wars look relatively interesting (in my opinion)

The first three games in the series are fantastic. Haven’t had a new game in the series since 2008, and a good one since 2005.

Unfortunately intelligent systems is focused more on fire emblem than advance wars.

Reactions: Stealphie

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Never played Advance Wars, but if a Switch game comes out, i might play it. Advance Wars look relatively interesting (in my opinion)
Advance Wars being successful over here in the West, back in the day, is what convinced Nintendo to localise and release Fire Emblem here, along with Fire Emblem reps being in Super Smash Bros. Melee.

So if you've ever played a Fire Emblem game, then expect Advance Wars to be very similar, in gameplay.

Reactions: Stealphie

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Of course this thread would be derailed into a Pokemon Sw/Sh whining thread...

I, for one, really want to know what this game really adds in terms of gameplay, aside crafting mechanics and outside decorating. There's a serious lack of information for a game so close to release.

Reactions: Victorum

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I swear, if they delay it again, there will be riots. People will die. Calling it now.
...So like Final Fantasy XV, which got delayed to avoid a day-one patch. And like No Man's Sky, which was also delayed. Yet people still got pissed because they had to wait a little bit more for their wanted game to come out, instead of acting like grown people and understanding delays are often unavoidable.

A delay isn't that bad; it often means they're working to polish it some more, and plenty of games should've been delayed for this reason. No-one will "die" if they have to wait a month or two more. Patience is a virtue.

WiiHomebrew+Snes

Member of GBAtemp's shadow district
Trophies
Website
www.lucar.io
XP
Country
United States
...Surely you realise Animal Crossing is a Nintendo IP. It flat-out won't appear on a competitor's system. At all.
It's like wanting a Halo game on a Nintendo or Sony system - won't happen, ever.
They never said sonic games would be on Nintendo, but look at him now...

WiiHomebrew+Snes

Member of GBAtemp's shadow district
Trophies
Website
www.lucar.io
XP
Country
United States
The problem with your argument: SEGA is no longer a 'competitor'. Their last console, their last competition, was the Dreamcast.
SEGA is now a third-party, not a direct competitor like Sony and Microsoft are.
True, but I was more focusing on the ever part. There's always a chance halo comes to something else other than xbox, or animal crossing other than Nintendo. But likely? Nah.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
...Surely you realise Animal Crossing is a Nintendo IP. It flat-out won't appear on a competitor's system. At all.
It's like wanting a Halo game on a Nintendo or Sony system - won't happen, ever.
Yes I do realise its from Nintendo lol - in other words add fkin trophies or something as these are the perfect games for them-I didn't realise these games are so huge re hours to play and it's criminal thers no proper achievement set up by Nintendo

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...So like Final Fantasy XV, which got delayed to avoid a day-one patch. And like No Man's Sky, which was also delayed. Yet people still got pissed because they had to wait a little bit more for their wanted game to come out, instead of acting like grown people and understanding delays are often unavoidable.

A delay isn't that bad; it often means they're working to polish it some more, and plenty of games should've been delayed for this reason. No-one will "die" if they have to wait a month or two more. Patience is a virtue.
It was a joke, dude. It was supposed to be ironic in claiming the fans of a violence free game would create violence.

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I can't believe you took that so literally, that you had to point out that it's a Nintendo IP. LOLOL! C'mon. Really?

Reactions: SANIC

dustn2021

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would prefer a Direct for new announcements. I like a few surprises to reveal themselves while I'm playing the game instead of seeing it in the Direct; then realizing I've robbed myself of an experience. I avoided all news about Luigi's Mansion 3 and never regretted it. Directs are just biannual spoilerfests now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey