An amusing experiment in subconscious memory

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings all! I have just finished placing an experiment which I wanted to share with you.

First, a little background: my family obtained a big screen, plasma HDTV around three weeks ago. I hadn't found it terribly impressive, since it was only slightly bigger than our standard definition TV. Actually, I thought it was a load of crap that they payed 4,000 dollars for such a tiny improvement. The interesting thing to note here is that it still fits in one of the armoirs that we had gotten, so ultimately, it is still "framed" inside the same box as the last one.

I was thinking about this recently, and decided to run an experiment. When my mother left to go get some groceries and other things this morning, I swapped the two televisions. I made sure that everything looks exactly like it did three weeks ago. This is an experiment to see if my mother will or won't register the change, relying on long-term memory rather than short term, and which long-term memory she uses to remember her environment.

I will post again after she comes home to relay the results of the experiment. It's a one-shot only, so we'll see!

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many boards could the Mongols hoard if the Mongol hordes got bored?

...ZOMG SHE'S HERE.

Edit: I can't believe it! IT'S WORKING! She doesn't notice the difference!

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Haha, brilliant. Let us know how it goes
tongue.gif

D

Deleted_171835

That's pretty awesome.

I wonder how long it will take her notice (if ever).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1