Hacking An alternative to "ShowMiiNAND" for Linux?

Red_Squirrel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.psp-cheats.it
XP
Country
Italy
Is there an alternative to the function of ShowMiiWads to show installed titles in a SD-NAND or just to install a WAD in a SD-NAND?
unsure.gif

I tried to use wine to run ShowMiiWads but, even if the program starts, it crashes or reports framework errors when read installed titles in a SD-NAND...

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well ive tried to make it work in mono. but something about my libs don't work out too well. using the exe compiled in windows, i get the same result as the OP. the program starts, but dies when you try to open a file. even if i compile the source with no changes in mono, it fails to start. specifically, it fails on the initial loading of the settings. i suspect it is the xml library i have.

can anybody even compile this in mono/linux and get a program that starts? if so, please tell me what xml lib you have.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, sorry for the double post, but i wanted to make sure this got bumped to the top of the list
smile.gif

screenshotshowmiiwads13.png

http://www.mediafire.com/?h4m554y4y5g

i just checked out the latest SVN and switched all the paths and compiled it in visual studio. i have run this in a terminal with "mono " and not only does it start... i tested creating the common key, wad unpacking to nand and to a folder, wad packing, and bootmii nand extracting. all this seems to work fine. but i don't want to hear shit if you brick your wii with it. so make sure you have a rubber on your wii while you're testing. also, thanks @ leathl for the program to begin with
smile.gif

changing a IOS version or IOS slot made in throw a error (something about XML shit) and clear the window. but when i load up the folder of wads again, the IOS version and slot is changed. and switching back and forth a couple times between showmiinand and showmiiwads makes it crash. i had to delete the cfg file for it to run again.

EDIT>>>
ok, so it looks like doing anything that makes it load the cfg file kills it. its that damn XML stuff. so this is a 1 shot deal... start it, do what you want and have to delete the cfg before it will start again. rather than have to delete the cfg file each time you want to use this, i have just made it delete the cfg instead of load it. while this isn't the perfect situation, its better than nothing. and it works.

Leathl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
giantpune said:
EDIT>>>
ok, so it looks like doing anything that makes it load the cfg file kills it. its that damn XML stuff. so this is a 1 shot deal... start it, do what you want and have to delete the cfg before it will start again. rather than have to delete the cfg file each time you want to use this, i have just made it delete the cfg instead of load it. while this isn't the perfect situation, its better than nothing. and it works.

Well, you could change the saving and loading to use any other method (ini, a simple txt file or whatever)
biggrin.gif

Also as mrplowdan said.. As it's GPL'd, any changes to the source require the modified source to be available.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leathl said:
Also as mrplowdan said.. As it's GPL'd, any changes to the source require the modified source to be available.
They only have to be available on request, so he did nothing wrong but you could ask nicer. As you are German here is the Paragraph 6c of GPL v3:
QUOTESie übertragen Kopien des Objekt-Codes gemeinsam mit einer Kopie des schriftlichen Angebots, den korrespondierenden Quelltext zur Verfügung zu stellen. Diese Alternative ist nur für gelegentliche, nicht-kommerzielle Übertragung zulässig und nur, wenn Sie den Objekt-Code als mit einem entsprechenden Angebot gemäß Absatz 6b erhalten haben.
Ok, there was no offer for the source, but we know that pune gives the sources on request
smile.gif

eekie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone been able to preview a wad with linux? I keep getting "file not found" because it's adding the folder path twice ie: "/home/eek/showmiiwads\/home/eek/showmiiwads/coverfloader.wad" then file not found... Does anyone know how I could get showmiiwads to remove the double folder path?

Thanks

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
giantpunte.. i have started the exe with mono.. but i get error if i try to see the nand.. what i can do? all link in this thread is down!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?