Hacking AMS - Please somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong!

masterprosync

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
update sysnand to latest ofw NOT in cfw and that will burn fuses on sysnand. then use tegraexplorer, dump sys fw, then daybreak update emunand with the fw you just dumped.
my issue is sysnand already dirty meaning that using CFW for isntall NSP, that reason i want emunand to update using daybreak but want to confirm if there burn fuse when i accidently boot to sysnad OFW without jig and RCM?

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my issue is sysnand already dirty meaning that using CFW for isntall NSP, that reason i want emunand to update using daybreak but want to confirm if there burn fuse when i accidently boot to sysnad OFW without jig and RCM?
people will say booting to sysnand ofw without cfw will burn fuses, though that hasnt been my experience. you can check your fuse count in hekate though to be sure.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people will say booting to sysnand ofw without cfw will burn fuses, though that hasnt been my experience. you can check your fuse count in hekate though to be sure.

Here are the specific FW versions that trigger fuse burning (if you boot without Hekate.)

https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Fuses#Anti-downgrade

If you boot with Hekate (even to OFW) it will bypass fuse burning.

Reactions: LegzRwheelz

LegzRwheelz

Trophies
Scrolling here learning to mod my dishwasher
XP
Country
United States
If you boot the regular way to sysnand without rcm/payload the fuses matching your sysnand will be burnt
That's the one part that I haven't gotten my head fully wrapped around yet. So you're saying that booting sysNAND with a Payload and then updating the fw prevents the fuses from burning? Sorry I've struggled with this information the most

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the one part that I haven't gotten my head fully wrapped around yet. So you're saying that booting sysNAND with a Payload and then updating the fw prevents the fuses from burning? Sorry I've struggled with this information the most
if you boot sysnand cfw, or ofw through hekate and update it preserves your fuses and gc fuses. hekate bootloader skips fuse updates and fuse checks.

masterprosync

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
can someone confirm i need to prevent booting sysnand ofw, just keep it there

if my switch console run out battery = totally switch off with no battery then i charge my nintendo switch will burn fuses?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone confirm i need to prevent booting sysnand ofw, just keep it there

if my switch console run out battery = totally switch off with no battery then i charge my nintendo switch will burn fuses?

If you updated your Sysnand Firmware version and run out of battery and do not have autoRCM in place, your switch WILL burn the appropriate number of fuses for that firmware version when it turns on.

If you do have autoRCM in place and run out of battery there are numerous reports of getting stuck in a low charge mode loop. Mine got stuck in this loop with AutoRCM and no battery but I was able to recover by leaving it on the charger overnight without issues.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Booting without CFW will burn fuses because it uses the stock bootloader of the console. Custom bootloaders such as Hekate, fusee, or SX OS bypass the fuse check.

masterprosync

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Booting without CFW will burn fuses because it uses the stock bootloader of the console. Custom bootloaders such as Hekate, fusee, or SX OS bypass the fuse check.
i tested already booted to OFW without CFW hekate, there is no fuses burn count still remain same,

masterprosync

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Booting without Hekate means the fuses have already been burnt...
yes same as original fuses count but still remain same if i boot to OFW without hekate. i checked detected fuse count as my ofw version mean not the latest one which i upgraded emummc to latest version FW

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes same as original fuses count but still remain same if i boot to OFW without hekate. i checked detected fuse count as my ofw version mean not the latest one which i upgraded emummc to latest version FW
I think you are misunderstanding when I said that fuses are burnt. New fuses aren't burnt every time you boot normally; the maximum number of fuses are burnt when you boot normally. You could have avoided having those fuses burnt by not booting normally but since you did, they are forever burnt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night