Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

AmplituDS v3 released

Includes 3D model tools

Sander Stolk (aka GBAtemp member 'Dark Knight ez') has released v3 of AmplituDS. Here's what he has to say about it.
Sander Stolk said:
AmplituDS v3 is now released. A huge update over v2 which improves graphics, feel and adds 3 new stages.
If you don't know what the game is about, it's based on Amplitude for the PS2... which was created by the team that made Guitar Hero later on.

Now, as for the model converter and viewer.
They both run on the NDS. How's that for portability?
The converter converts models in the .x format of a certain syntax to a .c file which contains a display list in an array.
You could use that .c file in your own homebrew projects.
The model viewer reads out that .c file, and also slaps on textures if you've put that in the same directory.
Check it out. It's worth it.
download.gif
Download at official site

Thanks to Dark Knight ez himself for the heads up.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OMFG after reading this i remember seeing my friends playing this game on PS2 and i'm like "WTF is that?"

Reminds me of Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc, between stages that you would be surfing or something doing this in i think was a secret stage.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I remember I got a this on a demo disk that came with my PS2.

This game will be completely complete if it has custom song support.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This. Game. Pwns.

The main thing it needs is more songs, but the best way to do that with a homebrew game is really to make a tool for making custom layouts for your own songs.
I guess that you also have to convert MP3s to .ITs to put them in the game, right? I searched google for a program that does this, but to no avail...
[EDIT] I checked the AmplituDS forums and apparently there is no way to convert from mp3 to .it >_< Oh well...

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Apparently converting from .wav to .it creates rather large .it files, which AmplituDS doesn't like. I don't think you can convert .mp3s to anything that will convert into .its besides .wavs.

4ppleseed

Trophies
XP
Country
I get an error. It says it can't find the files... something like amplitude/assets/textures/bluebottomright_tex

(I'm at work and that's from my memory of trying to get it to work last night)

I have the patched amplitude.nds and the amplitude folder on the root of my R4. What am I missing?

Dark Knight ez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You're not missing anything.
It just means opening that file fails for some reason. (Not my fault though. ;p)

Two possible solutions.
- Format or defragment your card and put AmplituDS on it again. Might work after that.
- Check "/amplituds/smb rmx/settings.txt" and change the word "blueflash" to "clouds" there. Save the change. That makes it use another background and hopefully those files do open for you.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know that there is a fifth song, but five songs still isn't a lot
tongue.gif

But seriously, something that makes it easy to make your own tracks would be the best way to get more songs.

Dark Knight ez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
the bonus song is great on brutal, could've been a tad harder though
If you think that, then just go for its insane and post your highscore on it at the AmplituDS forums. I'm sure DevilSpawn would like a good match to see who can score the highest on that one. (I can't get close to his score (yet)).

QUOTEBut seriously, something that makes it easy to make your own tracks would be the best way to get more songs.
I realize that, but I'm not sure there is an easier/faster way than currently available. And it's not that hard to create a stage as it is, honestly. Just takes a bit of time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: hello