Among Us physical editions detailed, console versions to launch on December 14, 2021

promo_XBOX-e1634667572818.png

Social deduction smash hit Among Us will be coming to PlayStation and Xbox consoles on December 14th. Both versions will feature all previously released content and updates, crossplay, and will cost $4.99 USD, the same price as the Nintendo Switch and PC versions. The Xbox version will also be launching on Game Pass on release day.

Additionally, Innersloth announced several physical editions of Among Us seeing release in late 2021 and throughout 2022. The three different versions - the Crewmate Edition, Impostor Edition, and Ejected Edition - are detailed below.
  • The Crewmate Edition will release in Europe, Japan and South Korea in December of 2021, while North America will get it on January 11, 2022. It will come in a 3D lenticular case and, included as bonuses, a folded map of the Skeld, a sticker sheet, one of twelve collectible holographic cards and 6 downloadable wallpapers. It will cost $29.99 USD.
  • The Impostor Edition will release sometime in Spring 2022 across multiple territories. It comes with everything in the Crewmate Edition, plus an oversized Impostor Edition box, an enamel pin, a "Crewmate vs. Impostor lanyard," and a purple Crewmate with crown plush. It will cost $49.99 USD.
  • The Ejected Edition will also release sometime in Spring 2022. It will come with everything in the previous two editions, except it will come in an exclusive Steelbook case rather than the 3D lenticular case. It also comes with a red Impostor beanie and fleece blanket. It will cost $89.99 USD.
crewmate.jpgImpostor.jpgEjected.jpg

:arrow: Source

Thejax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I for one will say it’s a funny meme, but a sorta funny game. It’s just the general level of intellect in a public match is going to be low, along with the not so good quick chat that drags it down.

The other problem is that using a discord vac for discussion and a full set of players, talking make deduction to find the imposters maybe a bit too easy.

Maybe I’m spoiled but I tried to imposters mode in day, (funny bus game) Fortnite, and thought it felt… more balanced? That’s going about 20 rounds in both games, solely as a random though.

It might be I thought the tasks were more entertaining, (the free XP for a game a rarely play) or maybe the maybe quick chat system, but it was more fun to me.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never have I more desperately wanted the $90 physical copy for the 250 MB, $5 game (which is also free-to-play on phone)

Real talk though, not for me, but it's always neat shit to see indie success stories. The fact a small indie game is big enough to get this sort of thing really says something.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems like a waste of resources (for the physical game at least, not necessarily the bonus stuff). Isn’t the game itself under 300MB or something?
the same could be said for any physical copy of a game. I've always just seen it as a novelty more then anything to own any game physically

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is the only game that will have a save file larger than the actual game. I’ll keep my $3 steam version. gg
Wasn't WarioWare DIY a 16MB game with a 32MB save? I'm sure there are others but when it comes to big saves, that one's always the first to pop into my mind.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It was funny for a month or two, I guess? I have a hard time believing people are still spending time running around doing very little and accusing each other of this or that, having the same conversations on an endless loop about who was in the corridor... people must have more time in their hands than I realise.

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: but nintendo licensed