Amiiqo first delivery

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Can't wait for this to be released and then the Chinese clones start appearing. :)

While I purchase games I don't quite agree with the physical DLC crap so I'll either get an Amiiqo if they decrease the price or just be patient for a clone. Most content that I wanted I've already had it unlocked so I'm in no rush.

Reactions: HaloEffect17

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
This does look promising, but that pre-order price tag is ridiculous. I also hope that competition will show up to upstage them but from what I see in the 3DS scene, clones of hardware like this doesn't actually run much lower than the main hardware. (QQ3DS is around the same price as Sky3DS, Blue Card is around the same as Gateway, etc.)

But hopefully something will happen to drive the price down.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Fred Molyneux

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In fact it works for me but they confirm there is a bug on many Wii U and they are going to release a firmware update next 48 hours to fix it.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It's officially out now and Playmods UK has a "Special Price" of £48 but that's still a lot of cake so I'll wait for a cheap clone or keep "renting" amiibos.

In fact it works for me but they confirm there is a bug on many Wii U and they are going to release a firmware update next 48 hours to fix it.
Huh, that's not good news but at least they'll fix it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What are those "images" ?
it's the picture of the amiibo displayed on android? or it's the NFC ID?

Where do you find the NFC IDs to put on amiiqo? you can scan your own amiibo to convert them to files using android?

Can you share the same file/ID with multiple users?
I thought the Data stored inside the Amiibo was located on nintendo servers, so if you share the same ID than other users you will share the same data too and will conflict with someone else game progress, right?

Ps: any relation to Peter Molyneux? ;)

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
What are those "images" ?
it's the picture of the amiibo displayed on android? or it's the NFC ID?

Where do you find the NFC IDs to put on amiiqo? you can scan your own amiibo to convert them to files using android?

Can you share the same file/ID with multiple users?
I thought the Data stored inside the Amiibo was located on nintendo servers, so if you share the same ID than other users you will share the same data too and will conflict with someone else game progress, right?

Ps: any relation to Peter Molyneux? ;)
Data from amiibo stored on servers? I doubt that very much so.

Yeah you can download another person's .bin file

Reactions: Ericzander

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm talking about the data affiliated to the amiibo which can be used by games.
for example, the "player level and way of playing" when you use an amiibo as oponnent in a fighting game.
the user data stored/linked to that amiibo.

the amiibo is only a ID, it can't save/write data inside the figurine, right?, and you need to be online for that functionnality. the player data is stored on the servers.
If you already have a Mario full of Smash bros data (fighting techniques etc.), and you want to use Mario amiibo to store some New Super Mario Bros U data in it, you need two different Amiibo figure because nintendo servers can only store one game per ID. (Marketing choice to force users to buy multiple Mario amiibo)

So, if Amiiqo shares the same ID for everyone, how are managed the data linked to the player ?

Edit :
Well, it seems the NFC is capable of writing data too.
I don't know how much can be stored. I thought the data were saved on their servers

Kaytsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
And if you live in Moscow, you can open metro gates with it...atleast with Samus one ;).

But inspector won't accept it as a ticket...I would think :D

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This does look promising, but that pre-order price tag is ridiculous. I also hope that competition will show up to upstage them but from what I see in the 3DS scene, clones of hardware like this doesn't actually run much lower than the main hardware. (QQ3DS is around the same price as Sky3DS, Blue Card is around the same as Gateway, etc.)

But hopefully something will happen to drive the price down.
On that topic, doesn't MT Card, a Gateway clone, cost more than Gateway itself?

On the other subject, I'll consider ordering one of these someday and leaving reviews. It seems like a nice product with a nice idea.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I'm talking about the data affiliated to the amiibo which can be used by games.
for example, the "player level and way of playing" when you use an amiibo as oponnent in a fighting game.
the user data stored/linked to that amiibo.

the amiibo is only a ID, it can't save/write data inside the figurine, right?, and you need to be online for that functionnality. the player data is stored on the servers.
If you already have a Mario full of Smash bros data (fighting techniques etc.), and you want to use Mario amiibo to store some New Super Mario Bros U data in it, you need two different Amiibo figure because nintendo servers can only store one game per ID. (Marketing choice to force users to buy multiple Mario amiibo)

So, if Amiiqo shares the same ID for everyone, how are managed the data linked to the player ?

Edit :
Well, it seems the NFC is capable of writing data too.
I don't know how much can be stored. I thought the data were saved on their servers
I'm not really familiar with how amiibo work with smash other than "training" them, so I didn't know they stored anything online. Can you play someone's amiibo online?

The figures have a little bit of memory yeah, not sure how much. That's where I assumed the stuff was stored. And yes, marketing is a bit too fair for why they decided to limit an amiibo to only store data from 1 game each, I'd say an unpleasant word.

EthanObi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was one of the people who was lucky enough to snag a review copy, I received it a few hours ago and am working on fleshing out a review by early tomorrow!

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I was one of the people who was lucky enough to snag a review copy, I received it a few hours ago and am working on fleshing out a review by early tomorrow!
Aww, lucky! We didn't hear back from them about a review copy unfortunately. Instead I'm getting a MaxLander to review which seems to be very similar but designed for Skylanders.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice!
I'm waiting for your review, especially to see how gamedata is working. (if it can store 200 different game data along with the 200 figure ID)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun