Homebrew Question Amiibo's dumped/decrypted save data not being read by game (BOTW Wolf Link). What am I doing wrong?

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like I sort of understand how to get the 20 heart Wolf Link in Emuiibo, but I can't actually make it work.

I got a 20 heart wolf link dump, the retail key bin, and Amiitool. I'm sorry I can't link the wolf link bin or retain key bin. It was very easy to find with a google search, however.

Emuiibo has instructions on how to do it https://github.com/XorTroll/emuiibo/#raw-dumps-and-encryption

But I can't get it to work. I decrypted Wolf Link using amiitool with the key_retail.bin file. I renamed the dumped/decrypted file to 0x1019C800.bin, then put it in ../Wolf Link/areas/ for the Emuitool generated Wolf Link. I rebooted the console. When I activate the Wolf Link Amiibo in BOTW using Emuiibo, it shows up with 3 hearts instead of 20. So I feel like I followed directions, but somehow it's not working right.

Meliodas2255

It makes sense
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like I sort of understand how to get the 20 heart Wolf Link in Emuiibo, but I can't actually make it work.

I got a 20 heart wolf link dump, the retail key bin, and Amiitool. I'm sorry I can't link the wolf link bin or retain key bin. It was very easy to find with a google search, however.

Emuiibo has instructions on how to do it https://github.com/XorTroll/emuiibo/#raw-dumps-and-encryption

But I can't get it to work. I decrypted Wolf Link using amiitool with the key_retail.bin file. I renamed the dumped/decrypted file to 0x1019C800.bin, then put it in ../Wolf Link/areas/ for the Emuitool generated Wolf Link. I rebooted the console. When I activate the Wolf Link Amiibo in BOTW using Emuiibo, it shows up with 3 hearts instead of 20. So I feel like I followed directions, but somehow it's not working right.

It's not just renaming the decrypted file, you need to extract the save file from the decrypted bin, I can't remember what portion belongs to the save data but i used HxD to copy that portion out.

Weird123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Interested in this thing, is there any video tutorial to do this?
I already have emuiibo working in my switch

Meliodas2255

It makes sense
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remembered how I did it, I used Tagmo. It has. A hex viewer that is color coded the light blue area it's where the save starts. The save starts at 0xDC and ends at 0x1B3. Erased everything else in the HxD editor and save, rename according the emuiibo guide and that's it. It works. I have it working on mine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: