Amiibo News - April 3rd, 2015 (second chance greninja + more)

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by aenoch, Apr 4, 2015.

1. aenoch
    OP

aenoch GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 23, 2015
    United States
    Ludington, Michigan
    [​IMG]
    There is not a whole lot of news for today, although There are a few important tid bits that collectors should know. Don't worry I will not be doing this every day :)
    [​IMG]
    If you missed the 3:15 am et pre-order for Greninja last night. You may get one last chance on Monday, April 27 in store at Toys"R"Us. Chances are very slim tho. The Toys"R"Us rep said there would be​
    "extremely limited quantities per store." You can guarantee the scalpers will be pouncing on this one.​
    Target has confirmed that jiggly puff will be online and in store may 29th.​
    Last night best buy Canada sold out of gold Mario, But he was glitched out on Walmart"s Canada website​
    Today both Canada walmart and nintendo world store sold out of him. I wonder if all these new gold Mario amiibo have now made him drop out of the the rare tier. Seeing how there is no way to tell US or Canada amiibo apart.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    All other wave 4 characters are sold out every where. There is still no word on when amazon will be taking pre-orders.​
    [​IMG]
    Not sure if any one here noticed this but the wooly Yoshi's seem to have a loop on there heads​
    Necklace? Christmas tree ornament?​
    SOURCES​

2. aenoch
    OP

Feb 23, 2015
    United States
    Ludington, Michigan
    One last thing Banjo is doing well in the ssb dlc poll maybe we will see him as an amiibo

[​IMG]

3. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Is there some sort of auto purchasing program I can run on PC to buy items the moment they become available? Does anything like that exist?

I havent been able to get any of the wave 4 amiibo.

4. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    I only managed to preorder Ness and Pac Man. It's so stupid because Pac Man is probably the only common one for this wave.

5. aenoch
    OP

Feb 23, 2015
    United States
    Ludington, Michigan
    no there is software that auto buys there are ebay apps that help you when at the last minute tho

6. aenoch
    OP

Feb 23, 2015
    United States
    Ludington, Michigan
    pac man is now sold out at toys r us

7. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    2 days ago it was coming on and off Amazon UK and thankfully I managed to pre-order one. It was the only amiibo of wave 4 I was missing.

Ness, Pac-Man and Robin - Now just wait for them to arrive! ^_^

I fucking hope they don't cancel any of them!

8. elmoemo

elmoemo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 4, 2012
    Hope they don't either. I'm not a collector of amiibos especially as some are ridiculously hard to find

9. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Why does it suddenly feel harder all of a sudden to preorder amiibos this time around. Either awareness of how "wonderful" these are for scalping is spreading more to the masses or they are producing less than usual. I'm thinking the former but your guess is as good as mine.

10. aenoch
    OP

Feb 23, 2015
    United States
    Ludington, Michigan
    because nintendo knows exactly what there doing i wouldnt doubt there scalping them selfs

11. aenoch
    OP

Feb 23, 2015
    United States
    Ludington, Michigan
    walmart shows pre order stock on the instock website but links havent gone live et

12. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    It's funny but I was thinking the same thing.
    Gotta make up that Wii U loss somehow, what better way than scalping their own products.

No one would ever buy an amiibo from the store for $50-100+ but you slap a $15 retail price and limited quantity and bam, idiots come in droves to pay hundreds of dollars for a stupid little poorly made (dat Lucina amiibo is horrible) figure.
    People are incredibly stupid and exploitable, I would actually commend Nintendo if that's what they were doing.

WiiCube_2013 likes this.
  13. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Scalpers make it worse but as long as those people are willing to pay the absurd prices the scalpers put up it's their problem, tbh.

I'm not getting amiibos to resell as I've got enough stuff already up on eBay.

14. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    lego is in on it now!

15. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi everything is going according the plan...

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    I'll just leave this here:

[​IMG]

Only Chile has Golden Mario from the Super Smash Bros collection :bortz:

16. aenoch
    OP

Feb 23, 2015
    United States
    Ludington, Michigan
    Wth lol. Ohand amazon pre orders still havent been up and jiggly puff whent back up for like 20 minutes the other nigjt