Amiga Forever Wii/Wii U: Where Are You?!?!

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by XDel, Jan 26, 2014.

1. XDel
    OP

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    http://www.amigaforever.com/wii/

Cloanto announced some time ago that they would be releasing an Amiga forever package for the Nintendo Wii.
    Well a year or so has passed since they initially announced this, and still nothing has emerged.

I am not quite sure how to contact them as I can not find a link within their page. I would really like to see this happen, now especially since we have the extra power of the Wii U.

Granted, some people may ask why you'd want to release a product for the Wii U when the XBOX and PS4 are the ones selling (during economical crisis?). Well I would say that the answer to that would be the love of the hardware, else Cloanto would have never made plans for a Wii as opposed to 360 or PS4 release.
    Also if you take that mentality (why feed a dying horse), then you would think that Cloanto's business is doomed from the ground up because it is based upon keeping the dream of old hardware and gaming alive that died out years ago!
    Actually, with that in mind, it would only be right to have the underdog running on the underdog. I would love to see something like this. Virtual channels of such classics as Myth, Turrican 1-3, Shadow of the Beast 3, Kid Chaos, It Came from the Desert I-II, etc., would be a personal dream come true, or even a disc based release every now and then featuring 20 - 40 Amiga titles. Or better yet, release packages based upon genre!

Also, now that JIT is getting somwhere for PPC, it is only a matter of time that it would be possible to fully emulate an Amiga running at at least 30-40 MIPs. Having so many USB ports on the Amiga could lead to some interesting possibilities. Either way, I'd love to see Amiga brought back into the main stream in a fashion such as this. Emulators are great for the rest of us, but for the majority, commercial efforts need to be made and I hope Cloanto is still up to the task.