Hacking American N3DSXL is firmware 9.0.

nosignaldetected

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
From neogaf:

MaverickHunterAsh;148285604 said:
I received my North American New 3DS XL review unit yesterday (unboxing video here) and have been playing around with it a bit. If you guys have any questions about how it feels or how it compares to the original 3DS XL or OG 3DS, let me know and I'll do my best to answer!

Sorny;148285727 said:
Hello, Thanks for The Video.

What was The Firmware Version? 9.4?

MaverickHunterAsh;148293917 said:
No problem, glad you liked it!

I don't know what version number it was exactly, but it was whatever version that introduced themes. After booting up the New 3DS XL, I had to run a system update to bump the firmware up to the most recent version (the one that introduced theme shuffling).

So it must have been 9.0. So yeah, 9.0 in AUS, EU and now murica confirmed. get hype.

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is certainly a good sign. That said, I'm not going to get hyped until I see a screenshot with the version number on it.

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it must have been 9.0. So yeah, 9.0 in AUS, EU and now muricah confirmed. get hype.

Good, you fixed it to say muricah! I was gonna get all America all over your ass.

But, on topic, thats pretty cool. Pretty interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks with all this GW and CFW stuff, before and after the release.

EDIT: Your editing reason made me lol. Haha.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Umm. So the guy didn't actually see what version it was before he updated? And you consider it confirmed as 9.0?
Well he said it was the version that introduced themes, and that was 9.0. However, he did receive a "review unit," not a standard retail unit, and that means we still don't have confirmation that N3DS units which you buy on American shelves will have 9.0 on them. Somebody will just have to pick one up from a retailer that has a decent return policy and let us know. Back to the waiting game.

Reactions: Margen67 and Zidapi

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pics-or-didnt-happen.png

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guy DID say whatever version introduced themes. That was 9.0. Plus, theme shuffling was introduced in 9.3, making the only possibilities 9.0 or 9.2.

I doubt that guy would have noticed the theme shuffling if it was on 9.3
if you skip though the introduction stuff, you are not bombarded with popups to use it.
It could have easily been 9.3 for all we know.

Xenophy

!Core Member of Gatewait HYPE TRAIN!
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wowowo... guys, stop the flaming :D Doubting or not, its great news anyway ;D
If it is 9.2 or lower, its AWESOME. If it isn't, well... who thought sth else?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass