american ds in london

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by orangaspank, Jan 28, 2007.

Jan 28, 2007

american ds in london by orangaspank at 4:57 PM (634 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. orangaspank

Newcomer orangaspank Newbie

Jan 24, 2007
    United States
    whats the best way to charge an american ds lite in london? i have the original charger but obviously it doesnt plug into the outlets here in london. i tried a converter but the light on ds that comes on when you're charing didnt show up. i was thinking of buying a uk charger for the ds, would that work? help me charge my ds!
  2. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

Nov 5, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Yeah you will need to buy a UK mains adaptor - GAME sell them for about £7-8.

Other than that your only option is a step down converter which allow the use of any US appliance on UK mains, you can pick up a low wattage one (45w) for less than £8 on ebay though they tend to cost significantly more in retail stores (£16 in Maplin).

BTW When you say converter, I hope you didn't mean one of those cheap straight through 2 to 3 pin adaptors - they won't work as they don't change the voltage, you risk damage to your equipment as the UK runs on 240V and the US is on 120V (Wiki)