WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So I got the pleasure to witness american TV commercials and can’t help but to notice how ridiculously awkward they are. For example there was that pancakes commercial where the narrator deliberately started to cough and talk “off-script” in an attempt to be funny. This was my reaction. Really most of them are trying really hard to be funny but fail to realize that they’re pathetically awkward.

Last edited by WiiUBricker,

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the very least, when watching pirated stuff online, you have the option to skip stuff.
I think current advertisers are keened in on the fact that most of the new generation is moving away from cable and the like, so their commercials will never reach them. The stuff you see now may be targeted at old fogeys who still pay a million dollars a month for regular cable TV.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You mean you are not contemplating a new medicine regimen as you have both the squirts and constipation, risk of blood clots and bleeding, insomnia and the inability to wake up in the morning, restless legs, dry mouth, lethargy and excess energy and more besides, this despite being an otherwise healthy under 40 type?

Reactions: tech3475

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I got the pleasure to witness american TV commercials and can’t help but to notice how ridiculously awkward they are. For example there was that pancakes commercial where the narrator deliberately started to cough and talk “off-script” in an attempt to be funny. This was my reaction. Really most of them are trying really hard to be funny but fail to realize that they’re pathetically awkward.
show us that commercial

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

that's kinda what most commercials have started aiming towards over here. look up some of the international delight ads.

D

Deleted User

All commercials have the end purpose of trying to sell a product to you, and will be willing to do anything to get you to do so. As a result, a lot of commercials turn to bullshitting their way through, resulting in some pretty awkward and unrealistic situations. The issue is not exclusive to American commercials, and is more a by-product of the commercial ethic in general.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most ads suck.

UK tv seems to have been invaded by "are you over X, you need life insurance" recently. Seems like that is all that's on. British seniors ones are the worst, can shove your stargazer lilies up your arse, hate that ad so much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1