America Personal check to Portugal ?

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have a Portugal account and my friend is going to sent his personal check from America to my home address here.

I am not not sure if my Portugal bank will accept it ? Do I have to pay the fee for America personal check that I want to deposit into my bank ?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
trastindustries.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That will depend entirely upon your bank and type of account with them. Portugal being part of the EU means they will have something resembling a bank account setup as seen elsewhere in.

I would expect a fee, a conversion fee and probably an additional fee or two, and probably some considerable time to clear. Depending upon how much it is then you might also face questions.
If you can swing a paypal transfer (I hate paypal but they do better than cheques), bitcoin, trip on a plane with a briefcase full of cash, them to order something with a credit card the same cost you were going to buy anyway and call it even... then do as cheques are probably the worst of the common ways.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That will depend entirely upon your bank and type of account with them. Portugal being part of the EU means they will have something resembling a bank account setup as seen elsewhere in.

I would expect a fee, a conversion fee and probably an additional fee or two, and probably some considerable time to clear. Depending upon how much it is then you might also face questions.
If you can swing a paypal transfer (I hate paypal but they do better than cheques), bitcoin, trip on a plane with a briefcase full of cash, them to order something with a credit card the same cost you were going to buy anyway and call it even... then do as cheques are probably the worst of the common ways.

I have a PayPal but it is only for Ebay and nothing else. I don't leave my credit card on PayPal. I removed it after I order and used it again on Pay Pal. No problem for me so far.

Yeah, makes sense. What about Western Union Money Order ?

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know they still existed.

I did their training once and it was pitiful. Those using it usually have no other way really but it will get it done if it is a reasonable sum ( https://www.westernunion.com/us/en/send-money/app/price-estimator if you want to play around to see the fees).

I see.. At Western Union location in Portugal will be 7 USD fee and bank account will be 12 USD. Not worth. I will have to talk with him to send cash in very security envelopment at Postal Office with tracking number along with insurance or something. Hmm. Thanks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: Pokémon still acts the same just feels like they tried making it into a werid anime instead of...