Amazon's Fallout TV show gets showrunners, Johnathan Nolan on board to direct first episode

fallout-76-helmet.jpg

We've known about Amazon's intent to adapt Bethesda's Fallout franchise into a TV series for about two years now, but now we're getting some new information about the project. Previously teased to feature staff from HBO's Westworld, the showrunners for "Fallout" will be Geneva Robertson-Dworet and Graham Wagner--the former having previously co-written the screenplay of 2019's "Captain Marvel", and having been hired to rewrite the story of 2018's "Tomb Raider" film, while the latter has been credited for writing and producing episodes of "Portlandia", "Silicon Valley", and "The Office". Johnathan Nolan will also be directing at least one episode of the series, with his history involving "Person of Interest", "Westworld", and also working alongside his brother, Christopher Nolan, on movies such as "The Dark Knight" and "Interstellar". He'll be joined by his fellow Westworld co-creator and wife, Lisa Joy, who will be involved as a producer.

:arrow: Source

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
... the former having previously co-written the screenplay of 2019's "Captain Marvel", and having been hired to rewrite the story of 2018's "Tomb Raider" film...
... that has me slightly concerned - both being overhyped trash, imo.
However, the pedigree of the others mentioned goes a small way in offsetting my trepidation.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not for nothing, but not every book/game/comic/manga/series needs to be made into a live action show. Maybe animated since it's better for some, but why turn everything live action for the sake of it?

why would you hope for this. I just want a good TV show.
Think he meant it as a joke more than anything.

RatherSimple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
I bet the whole vibe is going to be like this shit trailer.

'hehe guns funi'
'hehe zombies funi'
'hehe radioactive robots funi'
'hehe 80's funi'

ps. the fact that it's coming from amazon but not netflix still gives me %00.1 hope that it'll has the f1-2 vibe.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No date yet.. Good! as they should take their time with it to give us something that's worth watching. I wouldn't mind them taking a unique spin on the series as it shouldn't necessarily be 1:1 recreation, but given the series is so vast with what could be achieved, it's really difficult to fuck this up. Also having a consistent and unified writing (script) in whatever direction the show is taking is pivotal to the end result, the less cluttered/ or clashing the writing the better, and even more so in this case here.
Let's hope it's not a soulless effort from their part. 🤞

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: