Amazon trade-in $60 for 12 gamecube/ds

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by WatchGintama, Nov 12, 2012.

Nov 12, 2012
  1. WatchGintama
    OP

Member WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
  2. porkiewpyne

Member porkiewpyne Report-er

Australia
    Personally, I'd rather not trade it in. But that's just me being a hoarder. And that Sims 2..... $0.30 only? Really? That seems a bit extreme. :(

3. WatchGintama
    OP

Member WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I dunno. I've already played most of these games, and I could always play them again with dios mios or my R4. I thought I could get some money for other games (MK7 maybe).
    I'd put these on craigslist, but I'm not sure if anyone even wants to buy gamecube games.

4. porkiewpyne

Member porkiewpyne Report-er

Australia
    That's true. Well I am definitely not one to give any advice on trading in LOL so take what I say with a truckload of salt. I suggest waiting for a few more days and see what the others who are more experienced have to say :)

5. Lurker2

Banned Lurker2 Banned!

United States
    You can try local stores for better trade in values assuming you have any. Selling them on Ebay & Amazon will take a while but will probably net you a little bit more after fees. There are also multiple online sites that buy games so check how much they would take it for. They even give cash except some stores like Estarland that give you credit.

Rasas likes this.
  6. Clydefrosch

Member Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    i'd rather go and trade in games with other people. theres bound to be some boards with good reputation that allow for opening selling/trading topics or something.
    one way or another, you're bound to get more out of it than those auto-trade in deals.

7. DaggerV

Member DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

United States
    Yeah I'd take them to a local game store, even the small towns around here have bricks and mortar stores for that. Never understood how they stayed in business but you'll get more bang for your bucks, and if you don't mind store credit they may be even more generous.

Or sell them individually, but that takes time, and may not necessarily net you that much more.

8. tenkai_2.0

Newcomer tenkai_2.0 Member

United States
    nah its not worth it to me, your better off keeping it and selling it for a better price. $5 a game is meh you could probably get 10 for it depending on what you have...

9. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Sell locally. Avoid game stores if you can. You can probably nab around $10 on average, especially for the Mario games (you may be able to get upwards of $12 to $15 if you find the right people). If you're actually in the US, depending on where you are, consider using Craigslist. It may take some time to sell everything, but at the right price, they'll go quick. Alternatively, consider eBay. Just avoid stores if you can, as no matter what, you'll only get about half of what they think they'll make off of it, which will probably be even less than Amazon is offering.

10. 3bbb7

Member 3bbb7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    $15 for NSMB? that seems like a lot. Wow. I personally dont think thats a good deal. Sell all the games on a local site or on ebay

11. jefffisher

Member jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    just sell on ebay you'll get atleast twice as much probably more

12. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    Seems like a ripoff to me.