Amazon sells 1,400 Wiis in ten minutes

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by BoneMonkey, Nov 25, 2007.

Nov 25, 2007
  1. BoneMonkey
    OP

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States

2. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    i don't know, i can't explain why the wii is STILL selling so well. But this will change, once the Wii fad dies, I don't see the Wii being a top seller in a year or two. But then it wouldn't if the fad died, so that's kinda stating the obvious.

well done to Nintendo but demand for the Wii in Japan and most of Europe is reducing, and with Sony's new price point, and the 360 also doing well should ensure good sales all round.

3. Nero

Member Nero GBAtemp RPG Maniac

United States
    What fad?

It's an innovative console.

~Nero

4. Awdofgum

Member Awdofgum Wadofgum

United States
    wow that is crazy!

5. kellyan95

Banned kellyan95 Banned

United States
    The Wii is the best party console ever invented, and it's the holidays. Parents buy it for little kids (Mario) and play Wii Sports (which they don't have to pay for)

There is also a huge lineup for us: Zelda, MP3, Brawl coming, ect

6. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    It's an innovate console to a degree - what sets it apart is the unique controller, there's nothing innovative about the console itself. It's an upgraded GC. So far, though, many of the games that have been done on the Wii could easily be done on other formats, without a wiimote. Zak & Wiki and Wario Smooth Moves are so far of the few games that use the unique controller effectively.

I have a love/hate relationship with my wii. It offers me the best of the first party titles - the best titles so far are all first party titles, but it offers me little in the way of quality third party titles. For the latter I would need a 360 or a PS3 to fill that void. I could live with a 360 on its own, but I can't live with a Wii on it's own.

7. BoneMonkey
    OP

United States

cause unlike the other two systems out there, they FOCUS on GOOD GAMES not BEEFED UP systems with crappy pc ports and technology hardly anyone uses

8. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    So you reckon the 360 has no good games? The PS3 granted still needs to prove itself, but like I said give it a year or so and you'll see a shift. But the 360 already has top quality games, so I fail to understand how you believe the 360 to have no good games.

9. kellyan95

Banned kellyan95 Banned

United States
  10. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    yeah, at present that's the best combo you can have

11. BoneMonkey
    OP

United States

the best 360 games i can play on my pc why should i spend 300 bucks

12. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    do you realize that the ps3 and 360 are "really just" upgraded ataris?
    upgrade it enough and that's what you'll get, that's how consoles work.

and I'm sick of this "wii-fad" shit, all consoles are fads, they all die at some point, then the next fad is introduced.
    It's like a whole bunch of people only got introduced to gaming when the Wii came out and they've got no idea what they're talking about.

and 1,400 in ten minutes? god damn.

13. kellyan95

Banned kellyan95 Banned

United States
    You mean upgraded PS1, the first with dual 'sticks. And almost any game on the 360 works just as well with a keyboard and mouse

14. iritegood

Member iritegood GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Is that why nintendo decided to make the Wii gyro-controlled? So we won't be able to play equivalent versions of games on our PCs? It's a conspiracy! [​IMG]

15. Arkansaw

Member Arkansaw GBAtemp Advanced Fan

East Timor
    guess what? pc is gonna be discarded in favour of virtual reality computers. it's time to see beyond the keyboard and mouse and start tapping into alpha waves

16. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    The Wii has my favorite FPS controls. It also has Mario.

:yaywii:

17. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Ingenius pacing.

I purposely held off the first year (well almost) because I knew it was best to give the system time to accumulate some A-list titles. This late Spring, when I actually saw one available in a local retail store, I swooped it up while I could, knowing I had to act while I could. But now the A-list games are beginning to trickle in. Top that with the fact that it's holiday time, and the Wii's poised for more success than it saw upon its launch. The system is the golden child of the mainstream media, and Galaxy is sealing the deal for parents who aren't sure what system to get for their kids.

Nintendo sang to the press and public -- between the year or two before its launch, up until now -- a song every bit as persuasive as Stairway To Heaven, and we love them for it. Truth be known, Nintendo has probably kept production of the Wii down to purposely keep the system just at the point of being hard to find. It keeps the buzz about the system flowing, even exaserbating it.

18. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    You're right it is a fad, but it's hitting it's target audience right where it counts. Namebly casual gamers who will own a console with one or two games and be happy with that. Regular gamers will see it as a fad as it's catalogue doesn't have much to hold our interest. It's designed for non-gamers looking for something different to do when their friends come over and parents looking for a new way to entertain their kids, not people who will be scouring the shelves every month looking for a new title. Nintendo have been going after the casual gamers ever since Sony lost interest in them, and it's working. That's why it's selling. The company won't gain much from software sales afterwards, it's the hardware that will keep it afloat and that's why we're seeing consoles selling out ridiculously fast like this.

19. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    I can't play the latest games on my PC without having to update it. The PC does everything I want it to (Apart from play the latest games). So the xbox 360 for me is a good choice. Not only that I'm not using up harddrive space or wondering if the game works with my pc system.

20. enigmaindex

Member enigmaindex the Scarecrow

Australia
    Wow that is amazing. I didnt think the Wii was still selling this good. [​IMG]

But in the end all i need is my DS and my Wii. I have my computer for all others. [​IMG]