Amazon Prime Video will no longer be supported on the Wii U after this September

amazon-prime-video-656x353.jpg

While the Nintendo Switch has more than outdone its predecessor, in terms of sales and popularity, the Wii U still lives on, as either an emulation box, or a console which to stream media from. Except, the latter of which is soon to take a hit, as Amazon is preparing to discontinue their Prime Video app on the console, according to emails that are being sent out to users. On September 26th, 2019, you'll no longer be able to watch Amazon video content on your Nintendo Wii U. Of course, Amazon, ever the entrepreneur, is offering a $25 credit towards buying a Fire TV Stick if you've used Prime Video on the Wii U recently, so you can keep watching your shows. Amazon Prime Video released on the Wii U's eShop the same year the system itself launched, back in 2012.

:arrow: Source

D

Deleted User

I can't imagine this would have been used a whole lot. There are so many other devices you could watch Prime Videos on, why would you choose the Wii U out of all of those?

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't imagine this would have been used a whole lot. There are so many other devices you could watch Prime Videos on, why would you choose the Wii U out of all of those?

I did back in the day, can’t remember if it was because I didn’t have a tablet back then (this was before they were as common as they are now) or because they restricted Prime Video to their own devices.

Last edited by tech3475,

Neo127

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.Plofeu.com
XP
Country
Germany
I used it.
Realy no joke.
Until I got an Xbox one 2 years ago I watched Netflix and Amazon video on my wiiu.

The performance was shit. The menus were lagging like it was running on toaster.

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh darn. Looks like I'll have to go back to using my 15 year old Dell Pentium 4 with GT-440 to watch 1080p Amazon Prime video from now on. I hate when newish services are discontinued on newish devices.

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Relevant at this point i guess. It was going to take a hit be it soon or later.
Here's hoping we get to see a switch "port" (pun intended) of amazon prime video :P

Last edited by NoNAND,

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
They're also dropping some Sony Smart TV's support, which is another ploy of having buy a new TV to keep up to date. I'd be fkd if I'm upgrading my TV, as it's only 5 years old, yet Amazon offered me a 50% discount on a Fire TV stick though.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As a Fire TV owner I don't really care but it would be cool to have it on the Switch. :)
Maybe it's already usable on L4T Ubuntu. Gotta find out.

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used it as my primary method of watching on my TV up until recently when I switched back to my PS3 thanks to HEN.

I'm not a modern gamer so I don't have a more current console, and I have no plans to buy one since there are no games I even want to play on them. So once PS3 support goes I'll either have to find some standalone device or just cancel.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care about Wii U. It was so ugly console I ever seen. I guess I will play some of them on Cemu instead. I am good. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: