Amazon.com: Spot the Difference

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by jumpman17, Jan 9, 2007.

1. jumpman17
    OP

jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

Former Staff
    Apr 11, 2003
    United States
  2. AshuraZro

AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Feb 21, 2004
    Canada
    Saskatchewan
    For the Kingston cards, the model numbers are SDC-1GBFE for the slightly more expensive. SDC-1GB for the less. No idea if there is any different. Could just be updated packaging for all we know. :/

For the lower priced SanDisk card.
    "This item is "Bulk" packaged. Comes with Protective Plastic Case only (No retail packaging). No additional documentation is included. Full 1 year USA warranty"
    If that's the ONLY difference, then that is one hell of a price difference for packaging.

3. Renegade_R

Renegade_R Audio/Video Expert

Apr 21, 2004
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario
    Buy the Sandisk Bulk. I would be doing that right now if I was a US resident.

4. O.G

O.G Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2006
    Yea, the sandisk are different, because the $41 card is sold directly by amazon. The cheaper card is being selled through amazon by a proxy company.

5. phoood

phoood taking it to a whole new level.

Jul 28, 2006
    United States
    Jewgoslavia
    This is booked marked.

Also, why would another company be selling this at a _much_ lower price?

6. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    The $40 SanDisk has free shipping, while the $18 one has additional fees, $4.40 per item + $7 per shipment (the first item isn't included in the "per shipment", for some reason). That adds up to $30. Plus, the more expensive one comes in the retail box, probably with the little card-holder box too, and the cheaper one was purchased in bulk, and only comes in a bag (if you're lucky).

7. knl

knl I can change this?

Jun 2, 2003
    Brazil
    i hear sandisk cards are crap (slow loading speeds). if you're gonna get a miniSD, get kingston.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice