AM2R (Another Metroid 2 Remake) updated to 1.4.1, now supports Android

AM2R.jpg

The fan-remake of Metroid 2, previously blocked from distribution by Nintendo, has been updated to version 1.4.1 and now includes native Android support.

New additions to the game include a new difficulty level called "Fusion", new enemy types and new log files amongst many other fixes. The game runs on both Windows and Android but be aware the recommended minimum specs for running on Android are a 1.2Ghz quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM and a dedicated GPU.

Changelog:
- Android support.
- Minimum hardware requirements:
- Quad-core 1.2Ghz CPU
- Dedicated GPU
- 2GB RAM
- NOTE: These specs will provide full-speed gameplay almost everywhere, with some slowdowns in non-critial areas with a large amount of objects, such as the main caverns of A2, A3, and A5.

Weaker GPUs may slow down in Fusion mode during X morphing.

- Fusion mode overhaul:
- Added Core-X to some boss fights.
- Updated graphics.
- New sound effects.
- X parasites may now respawn if not picked up.
- Fixed D-pads not working on some controllers.
- Directional buttons can now be rebound for some controllers.
- Changed pickup sounds for Super Missiles, Big Health, Power Bombs, and X parasites.
- Fixed water Blob Thrower dropping ice shards when killed with Speed Booster.
- Pickups (including X) now spawn at center of enemy.
- Changed non-robotic enemy death sound when killed by Screw Attack or Speed Booster.
- Added new Hydro Station background.
- Added unique, randomized heads to Zetas.
- Palette loading has been restructured.
- Palettes and related sprites for Samus and the Metroids are now stored in their respective folders under the mods/palettes folder.
- Tester boss can now play its own music if it exists:
- The song should be called "musTester.ogg" and placed in the main game directory with the rest of the music.
- Suit change animations will now play in Random games when the item is not in a tunnel or in the air.
- A little bird told me some hidden message should now unlock more reliably. You didn't hear it from me though >.>
- Samus should no longer clip though the Queen when in morph.
- Item room music now obeys the volume setting and should no longer restart the area theme when ended.
- The Retro item music toggle has been removed, instead, the item room theme now plays if the file called "musItemAmb2.ogg" exists in the game directory; if it is removed, the area theme will continue playing rather than the item theme.
- Music should no longer randomly fail to play (Yes, for real this time...).
- Updated Skreek sprite.
- A7 cave background changed.
- Added French, Czech, and German localizations.
- Many other minor fixes.

:!: Due to previous attention from Nintendo regarding this project please do not post download links here. Though you may find the information at the source link below.

:arrow: Source (Reddit)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Who the F is updating this thing?
I thought this fangame died when Nintendo caught up on it and DMCA'd the shit out of it, because you know Nintendo and their fucking policies.

But seriously, who is working on it? I thought the thing was closed source and it would never see another update ever since D64 got on Nintendo's eye.

Reactions: MushGuy

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Who the F is updating this thing?
I thought this fangame died when Nintendo caught up on it and DMCA'd the shit out of it, because you know Nintendo and their fucking policies.

But seriously, who is working on it? I thought the thing was closed source and it would never see another update ever since D64 got on Nintendo's eye.
He must have passed on the torch to someone else.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
yeah liked this version way more. The remake Nintendo did didn't give me that dark vibe this one did and the original did, like it was more catered to minors

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The good news is, they have released an update to bring you from 1.1 to 1.4.

The bad news is that the patcher does not recognize 1.1 as being 1.1.

EDIT: I didn't read. Turns out you got to have an original 1.1 Zipped then drag that over top of the bat file.

Last edited by XDel,

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its probably going to get to the Wii U before it does on the Switch given a Gamecube port is in the works.
Depends on what they priorities. The current build of AM2R is made with GameMaker Studio 1.4. GameMaker Studio 2.0 supports the Nintendo Switch.
So it would require some work to make it happen, but its doable.

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on what they priorities. The current build of AM2R is made with GameMaker Studio 1.4. GameMaker Studio 2.0 supports the Nintendo Switch.
So it would require some work to make it happen, but its doable.
Yeah, with an export module that's not even out yet. Also, it'll probably set the developer back some $800 just for a fan project release.
Would be nice though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1