Gaming Am I unlucky or what? A gamer glitches’ odyssey..

bell1-1010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Being quarantined in my apartment for the past week, I have been trying to catch up on some games to keep my mind sane.
Little did I know that I would embrace a journey of frustrations that made me consider using throwing the switch in to the fireplace... And I had to build one first, that’s how mad I was!!

I have been playing that gorgeous looking game of Ni No Kuni, old rpg style and all. After hours of grinding of course the game crashes and of course no autosave...
It happens, psx used to freeze too, all gamers are familiar to this. Starting over, learned my lesson, saving every single time I get a chance, first dungeon I’m heading towards the save stone, and of course.. game crashes..

I search online, apparently the game has this glitch also in other versions, I wondered how people could be this chill about this, or how Nintendo could be ok with a game breaking glitch like this, but hey, it is what it is and I made my peace with it.

(In reality I cursed every saint that came to mind and rage quit the game..)

I switched then to Luigi Mansion 3.. a fantastic game, a really pleasant experience, but then King Boo fight starts and of course that was is glitched too, on top of being quite hard compared to the rest of the game.

It took me a while to figure out it was a glitch that would make impossible to beat the last stage of the boss, and it happened three times in a row to happen then sporadically. And who played that game knows how annoying those unskippable cutscene are.

Hours later and a really lucky shot after, I beat the game with a bittersweet feeling towards what could have been a really amazing experience...

Just wondering is that a trend with games nowadays, or I am just unlucky?
Also on top if your head is there any game suffering of annoying glitches I should avoid in the future?

Ps.
Sorry for the rant but I’m quite bored right now..

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rage at the games is not good for you. I love playing video game.. lose (game over) and something like that can cause you to rage and anger. It is not worth and you need to learn how to control the angry.

I did a long time ago. Now I learn how to reduce the rage and it is just the games. Surely, I will be angry if I lose the video game over Arcade in the mall for cost my money. At home is different, you can keep playing and no worries about waste the money. :)

I hope someone will help you with your issues. Never had the problem. Dont know what CFW do you use and etc. Please give us enough information so we can help you with that.

Reactions: orangy57

skyluigi2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I heard a lot of reviewers have issues with Ni no Kuni on Switch (crashing etc.), but generally most people that played it had no issues? No idea what causes it but I'm kinda surprised it was never patched.

As for Luigi's Mansion 3... while I didn't encounter any glitches myself, the final boss was an absolute pain and put a damper on my experience too.

Generally, I don't think games are getting glitchier but the internet has made it so that they're discovered and spread faster, so it might seem that there's more than there used to be. The upside of that is developers usually find out faster so they can patch them, although, as in Ni no Kuni's case, it seems like sometimes they just don't for some reason.

Reactions: bell1-1010

bell1-1010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@azoreseuropa thank you for your kind words i’ll keep them in mind, I don’t think it was a cfw issue.

@skyluigi2 i dont think i wanna see a mario/luigi game for a couple of month, that is how much i scarred me:)

Ni No kuni it’s just a wasted opportunity, I really wanted to play that game, maybe one day I’ll pick it up again..

Seriously thought, the only time I encountered a game breaking glitch in the past, at least that I am aware of, it was on a ps2 game called, i believe, Cold fear.

I remember loving it, a survival horror on a ship. But for some reason if you didn’t pick up some files or whatever a door wouldn’t open making the game unbeatable. Your only option was restarting from the beginning.

Reactions: spotanjo3

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you mention just 2 games and one was yr own fault for not saving lol lots of games hav crashes -now if you had mentioned 4 or 5 games tht crashed on you in a row then you could call yrself the unluckiest gamer of all time lol

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@azoreseuropa thank you for your kind words i’ll keep them in mind, I don’t think it was a cfw issue.

@skyluigi2 i dont think i wanna see a mario/luigi game for a couple of month, that is how much i scarred me:)

Ni No kuni it’s just a wasted opportunity, I really wanted to play that game, maybe one day I’ll pick it up again..

Seriously thought, the only time I encountered a game breaking glitch in the past, at least that I am aware of, it was on a ps2 game called, i believe, Cold fear.

I remember loving it, a survival horror on a ship. But for some reason if you didn’t pick up some files or whatever a door wouldn’t open making the game unbeatable. Your only option was restarting from the beginning.
Games are not getting glitchier, quite the contrary. Old games are bountiful of either glitches, softlock, or even both. Any% speedrun of less than 15 minutes are very common in old game, while newer games are at least 30 minutes (and those that are 30 minutes are usually 3D physics based, since physics is the hardest part to code in those kind of game). Most Level/Game Designer learned from the past mistake, and creates less softlock than before (shudders at Pokémon gen 1).

bell1-1010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@medoli900 I agree with you, glitches were always present, but in the past there was not a chance to patch the game(at least on consoles) but today there is no excuse to keep a game in a broken state.

Im not talking of random glitches, but for instance Ni No Kuni hard crashing when you trying save, seems quite obvious something like that should at least be addressed by the devs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night