Hardware Am I the only one that thinks WiiU is not so revolutionary?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,886
  • Replies 45
D

Deleted User

OP
Well, am I? It just seems so gimmicky and "a failure". I've usually supported Nintendo products, but truly, I nearly vomited when I saw Wii U. The name makes me want to vomit. I pre-ordered the 3DS and love my Wii, but the Wii U? Something went "ping" in my brain, and now I don't like it much.
For starters, that controller looks... huge. Massive. Two feet long and weighing as much as a small dog, most likely. A tablet. Then that 6.2" screen is just overdrive.
I'd probably own a 40" plasma already, if I want "quality HD". So why would I need the Wii U? To play boss fights on the loo? Hmm..

D

Deleted User

OP
It seems not as revolutionary like when they revealed the Wii, but in my opinion it has great potential. I don't think that it'll be anywhere near a failure.

D

Deleted User

OP
paul1991returns said:
I'm going to have to say "yes" to that.
I think it has great potential.

Go buy a PS3 then, idiot.
a) I thought you were banned?
b) I just don't think it's the way forward for Nintendo. That controller is going to cost. Big time.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Agree. The Wii u has some cool features & the most badass 3rd parties joined. However, it didn't reach me like the first time I was a N64 or a Wii in my life.

pas7680

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it does look more of a gimmick than anything else. I can't see myself holding that think for long sessions.

Notice how the actual console wasn't mentioned at all?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first I didn't care, but it has a lot of potential and looks worthy of console-ship if you watch the whole stream. I hope they change the controller layout, though.

D

Deleted User

OP
machomuu said:
At first I didn't care, but it has a lot of potential and looks worthy of console-ship if you watch the whole stream. I hope they change the controller layout, though.
My fingers are going to have to grow on stilts to reach those analog nubs. On the plus side, those graphics look pretty good, and the line-up looks significantly better than 3DS

D

Deleted User

OP
pas7680 said:
it does look more of a gimmick than anything else. I can't see myself holding that think for long sessions.

I noticed that aswell, they purely focused on the controller which was a bit (really, not that much, but still) 'strange'.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tigris said:
paul1991returns said:
I'm going to have to say "yes" to that.
I think it has great potential.

Go buy a PS3 then, idiot.
a) I thought you were banned?
b) I just don't think it's the way forward for Nintendo. That controller is going to cost. Big time.

1. He was, just made another account.

2. I kinda agree with the controller, though that is until I actually get to use it.

D

Deleted User

OP
Takeshi said:
pas7680 said:

I noticed that aswell, they purely focused on the controller which was a bit (really, not that much, but still) 'strange'.
That controller just isn't right.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Takeshi said:
pas7680 said:

Watch, the console is the controller. You put the game in your Wii and the entire graphics processing is rendered with the controller.

D

Deleted User

OP
Sora de Eclaune said:
Takeshi said:
pas7680 said:

Watch, the console is the controller. You put the game in your Wii and the entire graphics processing is rendered with the controller.
That's exactly the opposite of what they said, though. They said something along the lines "all graphics will be processed by the console and streamed to the controller", when they were justifying why it's not a handheld/portable console. I understand the controller is the main aspect of the WiiU experience but found it a little strange how they didn't really show the console itself, that's all.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sora de Eclaune said:

Exactly what I wanted to say.

A little like the chinese "Ique N64" there was a base to plug 4 controller on TV, but all the processing/memory was on the controller itself...

And we know how well nintendo like to re-use old stuff they made (double screen game and watch:DS, power glove:Wii, virtual boy: 3DS)...

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
Takeshi said:
pas7680 said:

They did say that the controller streams from the console with no latency.

Also, I noticed during one of the slideshow images (where they had the WiiU controller in the middle surrounded by Wiimotes), there was a Wii-like unit next to the TV. It seemed more round than an actual Wii. If that was the console, then there's gonna be the same kind of confusion between that and the Wii, much like there is with the DS and 3DS.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
It's not revolutionary. They picked shit from other systems and barfed it on a controller.
The "revolutionary" part is being able to play on the tv or the controller, with still doesn't feel as revolutionary as it feels "cool"

Sora de Eclaune said:
Takeshi said:
pas7680 said:

Lol no.
The console kinda looks like an original XBox 360, not gonna look for th picture right now.

The controller is the main part of the system. That's why they focused on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse