Hardware Am I the only one that thinks WiiU is not so revolutionary?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,888
  • Replies 45

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
oggzee said:
I think the new console will be great! It will be 1080p, what we all wanted, it will be a little bit more powerful than xbox360 and ps3 (even if only by 10%)

The new controller is kinda creepy i agree, it's looks too big to be comfortable. But I expect all or most of the games will still be playable with the wiimote or classic controller. Maybe they will make a smaller version of the new controller later...

console: yay
name: meh
controller: meh

We're all expecting a Wii U CFG USB Loader
smileipb2.png

luisfhb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
We're not buying extra "wiipads" there's only one per console...

what makes me believe many games will use only the wiimote and the new controller as a second touchable screen

multiplayer "wiipad" controlled games would be possible with LAN or internet connected wii u's

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pas7680 said:
it does look more of a gimmick than anything else. I can't see myself holding that think for long sessions.

Notice how the actual console wasn't mentioned at all?

I used to play PSO on GameCube for 12 hour stints w/ the keyboard controller which was *much* bigger than the U controller and never had any issues whatsoever:

9343.jpg

As far as not getting into the box itself, you have to realize that they're not going to show everything at once. This was just an initial taste, and more will be drip-fed over the course of the next year to generate as much hype as possible.

As for the OP, even if I wasn't excited (I am), I would certainly give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt after how well the Wii turned out. Plus, again, this is merely the beginning of what they have in store, so I'd probably delay being too critical until at least early next year.

6HyPeR9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing really revolutionary is the controller.
Playing fast-paced games like smash will probably break it easily.

What they could do with that controller is put a port on it like the nunchunk goes to the wiimote and make a gamer controller that looks sort of like a gc/ps3/360 controller to connect to it, or make 4 wireless gamer controllers connect to it.

Too bad they'll never do that.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
Are most you guys silly? Did you not understand the point behind the controller? if not go watch it!

Yes it's a litle large, but check the high quality screen you get with it. Nintendo DON'T expect you to be using the controller CONSTANTLY, it's just ideal and helpful with the new console and their move forward.
Not only that, the new console is backwards compatible with Wii games, i'm assuming online will work too, plus all your wii peripherals will stll work!

Now since big 3rd party developers like EA (DICE)/Ubisoft/Activision/THQ etc, they can USE wii motion plus in all their games that would take advantage of it. So imagine playing Battlefield 3 with it? with it's graphical power and feel of gameplay? pretty cool huh? I mean yeah fair enough the hardware in Wii U is 3 years old, but from all accounts graphical quality will be pretty good for the price the console will be. Anyway know of the HD4850's? well that most likely will be the power of what's in the console! With probably a clone of a AMD phenom x3 processor running at 3GHz with a shabby 512MB ram. I hope to god the graphics Ram is 512MB or 1GB, otherwise it's gunna be running at low res and upscaled like the ps3 and 360.

Overall it's kinda impressive, but not impressive at all if you randomly game no a good built PC with decent hardware and play top graphical games maxed out!

I forgot to add, from rumored specifications regarding the storage space, it will follow the wii's way and use a 8GB internal flash. Now this would be retarded!
I's expect atleast a 250GB HDD since they are dirt cheap anyway. And if most games will use up about 15-25GB of space, then you have enough room to store your best games on the console, instead of using disks.

One more thing the name? Wii U? sounds silly and kiddish yet again, but that's the Japanese for ya!
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM