Am I the only one that finds setting up Devolution confusing? @_@ A few questions...

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by crimsonnight, Sep 7, 2013.

1. crimsonnight
    OP

crimsonnight GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2008
    I have Devolution working perfectly on my Wii, but I have absolutely no idea how to getting it working on vWii.

I guess the issue is that it can't use GC controllers so I understand there's something about using a Wiimote already synced to the Wii you used to rip the games - I've done this but it fails to connect after starting up Devolution? Does someone mind explaining in simple terms exactly how this works please?

Secondly, how do you connect other controllers (eg a pro controller)? I can't see any option for it with Devo/USB Loaders...

Also any news when the first build of Nintendont'll be out (I'm hoping it'll be simpler to use T_T)

Thanks,

2. julialy

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    You need a wii to run gc games on Vii.
    Data needs to be transfered to your wiimote because of devolution's anti-piracy.
    If you have a disc converter from mini size to full size, try that (I think nobody tried that yet...)
    Otherwise, you need a wii and a wiimote to verify GC games.

3. crimsonnight
    OP

crimsonnight GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2008
    That's what I'm saying, I understand that, but how exactly does that work? My wiimote won't connect once devolution's started...

4. Zaide

Zaide GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2009
    United States
    If you have something that converts a dick from mini to full size then sell that crap. You'll be rich if it actually works.

Rydian and MAXLEMPIRA like this.
  5. julialy

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    Did you try hitting 1 and 2 at the same time? If that doesn't work, try syncing the wiimotes (You may have the newest revision of the wiimote probaly with a hole to hit the sync button, try the older revision, or the wiimote with no motionplus.)

6. geegee

geegee GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2007
    United States
    They make them - I don't think it will make anyone rich. You can probably find several on Amazon or eBay.

7. Zaide

Zaide GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2009
    United States
    I did specify "if it actually works"

8. Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis Banned

Banned
    Dec 30, 2012
    United States
    Honestly, I think Crediar's work is getting a LOT more attention. Somebody will help you here though.

9. muskieratboi

muskieratboi Rydian's got some competition!

Sep 19, 2012
    I believe someone just missed the joke. :P