Am I the only one that cannot get the ThemeHax installer to show up in the Homebrew Launcher

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by V3NUS_M1NER, Oct 29, 2015.

1. V3NUS_M1NER
    OP

V3NUS_M1NER GBAtemp Fan

Nov 27, 2014
    United States
    I have everything named correctly and copied to the /3ds folder, but it does not show up. I have recopied it multiple times.

I am using *hax 2.5.

2. robot56

robot56 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2015
    United States
    Last edited by robot56, Oct 29, 2015
    VaiCorunthians and Margen67 like this.
  3. V3NUS_M1NER
    OP

V3NUS_M1NER GBAtemp Fan

Nov 27, 2014
    United States
    Last edited by V3NUS_M1NER, Oct 29, 2015
  4. mitroux

mitroux GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2007
    Macau
    that's a common problem with all those unoficial themhax builds
    just get the themehax offline 1.2 and when you run it press A , wait a few seconds and press start
    if you want to configure boot buttons , run themhax a second time and this time you can see the text menu

5. tivu100

tivu100 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    Not sure it's common, first times I heard about this problem.
    Look like you did everything correctly. Weird, it doesn't work. One thing I don't know if you've tried: Delete the themehax_installerfolder completely on the SD and try copy themehax_installer folder from the zip onto SD again. Sometimes merging foldere breaks the files. If you did and still have this problem, I really don't know. Very weird indeed.

May I ask which method you use to boot HBL? Does Eshop spoof and other apps work for you?

6. V3NUS_M1NER
    OP

V3NUS_M1NER GBAtemp Fan

Nov 27, 2014
    United States
    I use NINJHax, and yes, they work.

I have tried both Smealum and Masher's launchers, and both do not work.

This is the first time in almost a year this has happened.

7. robot56

robot56 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2015
    United States
    Replace boot.3dsx (keep a copy of it) on your SD card with a copy of "themehax_installer.3dsx". Make that the information in sdmc:/3ds/themehax_installer is kept as-is. When you use your homebrew entry point, it should boot directly into the installer. Go through the setup and it should install themehax. Once you're done, you can shut the 3DS off, take out the SD card and replace boot.3dsx with the original homebrew launcher. When you use themehax, you should boot directly into the homebrew menu as normal.

The scenario where a properly stored 3DSX file would not show up on the homebrew menu is an issue with the HBL, not the app. You can rename any file to a .3dsx extension and it'll appear on the HBL -- it'll crash when you attempt to load it, but it would still appear.

V3NUS_M1NER likes this.
  8. V3NUS_M1NER
    OP

V3NUS_M1NER GBAtemp Fan

Nov 27, 2014
    United States
    Haha, didn't think about trying that.

It worked! Thank you

Last edited by V3NUS_M1NER, Oct 29, 2015