Am I the only one bothered by the ethnic groups in Pokemon Legends Arceus?

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
The irony of woke inclusive faux outrage actually being racist itself is quite meta.
Oh my!!! What is this? IS THIS A VINTAGE PICTURE OF A BLACK SAMURAI FROM THE FEUDAL ERA OF JAPAN? This must be wrong there was no diversity in japan according to this racist prickView attachment 295650...
That said these people generally lack all form of self awareness complete with a moral high ground attitude, despite having no morals.

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The irony of woke inclusive faux outrage actually being racist itself is quite meta.

That said these people generally lack all form of self awareness complete with a moral high ground attitude, despite having no morals.
What can i say mate, when you are a minority like me, you can only wistand people calling you very specific mexicans slurs when im at the store without the need of provocation, Please do call me woke, im not supose to defend myself from racist people on the usa, Because the trump administration surely didnt bring any of that during that time right? When my mom is called Maria or consuela by anyone who sees her in the street i cant defend her now cuz im would be Woke and im instantly the bad guy. I cant have the high ground even if i wanted to, not in the USA.

Last edited by Absolute_Vile,

Deleted member 568892

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This "feudal japan" of yours has victorian era clothing (w/ buttons ups), a digital cameras, (professor carries.) Also architechure is also that of pre-modern AND and neo-Renaissance design. There are so many other clashing styles yet race is the only one seems to bother you. I find that quite interesting.
The clothing annoyed me too. In particular is one late game cutscene where a man is wearing European style plate mail armor. I'd much rather see him in samurai armor. I'm not familiar enough about Japanese history to comment on their architecture.
I'm a white American and don't want to see white people in this game. How does that make me racist?
Oh my!!! What is this? IS THIS A VINTAGE PICTURE OF A BLACK SAMURAI FROM THE FEUDAL ERA OF JAPAN? This must be wrong there was no diversity in japan according to this racist prickView attachment 295650...
Can you send me the source of this photo? I'm very curious.

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I find it amazing that people actually waste precious minutes of their lives worrying about stupid shit like this. I mean, Pokémon characters are drawn anime style. Their eyes cover over half their face. How is that "ethnically Japanese"? If it bothers you that much, imagine that the black characters are actually Japanese characters who got a tan working outside every day.

smfh...

Reactions: sley

sley

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You have to keep in mind that this is a game aimed toward kids who want to make their character look like themselves, also in the first 15 minutes of the game it's implied that you come from the modern world.
European and Asian skin tones are very similiar and hard to distinguish in the cartoonic style of the game so you're sounding silly.

It's a fantasy game about catching Pokemon if the topic really bothers you that much I'd recommend something like Ghost of Tsushima.
Can you send me the source of this photo? I'm very curious.
Here is his story There is also an Anime on Netflix inspired by his story.

iiTzSamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing characters who are clearly European and African in a game based in feudal Japan annoys me. I want the characters to look ethnically Japanese and have Japanese names. They can add in some characters to represent Japan's ethnic minorities as they were at that point in history but there's no need to Americanize the game.
grow the fuck up

Reactions: deathblade200

draconk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lmao you clearly haven't paid attention, most of team galaxy came from Kanto/Johto and there are people from Alola, the only "natives" are the ones from Peal and Diamond clan and even they came to Hisui from outside. (in fact there is only one true native)

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why bring race into things where it's just not needed. It's a video game. It's for fun, not political correctness or historical accuracy. The few things I've seen that try to pander towards these sort of crowds tend to flop pretty hard and for a good reason and that is because they always feel forced, and therefore lose the fun.

The funny thing is that if they didn't have characters who were black or any other race, people would have complained. You can't please everyone nowadays...

Reactions: Amberlybee

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This "feudal japan" of yours has victorian era clothing (w/ buttons ups), a digital cameras, (professor carries.) Also architechure is also that of pre-modern AND and neo-Renaissance design. There are so many other clashing styles yet race is the only one seems to bother you. I find that quite interesting.

Well, its not feudal japan time period. This is only about a hundred years ago. BTW, Samurai and Victorian over lapped. And cameras had been invented during this time, but his -is- usually small, though I've seen no evidence of it being a digital camera.

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm all for representations, but not in fictional video games. if it was music, media, or something relevant then sure we do need representations, but a game where young kids are thrown into the wild to enslave animals and have them fight each other for money or world domination? I don't see a reason why.

Something whatever

Gazer of the East
Trophies
Website
www.pixiv.net
XP
Country
United States
So you pretty much outed yourself as a racist on a hack/moding forum website...

Attachments

• gamers hell.png
    gamers hell.png
    153.9 KB · Views: 34

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: