Am I the only one bothered by the ethnic groups in Pokemon Legends Arceus?

MrVtR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Seeing characters who are clearly European and African in a game based in feudal Japan annoys me. I want the characters to look ethnically Japanese and have Japanese names. They can add in some characters to represent Japan's ethnic minorities as they were at that point in history but there's no need to Americanize the game.
The game is about humans who enslave animals to fight just to increase their pride and get prizes for it and you're complaining about people's colors?
Warning: This contains a high irony

Reactions: SilverDen

MissingN0pe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The game doesn't take place in Japan. It takes place in a fantasy world meant to appeal to a broader audience all over the world. It makes sense for players to be able to make their avatar resemble themselves if they want too.

Darker shades of skin color being available in video games isn't far-left "woke" propaganda, you race obsessed paranoid weirdos.

Reactions: nantalos and Milky_

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Seeing characters who are clearly European and African in a game based in feudal Japan annoys me. I want the characters to look ethnically Japanese and have Japanese names. They can add in some characters to represent Japan's ethnic minorities as they were at that point in history but there's no need to Americanize the game.
Don't listen to the kids calling you racist, it's obvious they include colored chars lately to not upset anybody

Reactions: bobbytomorow

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im all for calling out forced diversity in hollywood, ect. but this isnt one of them lol.. its a fantasy game and no pokemon game characters have ever looked like a specific race before.

Potato Paste

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This "feudal japan" of yours has victorian era clothing (w/ buttons ups), a digital cameras, (professor carries.) Also architechure is also that of pre-modern AND and neo-Renaissance design. There are so many other clashing styles yet race is the only one seems to bother you. I find that quite interesting.
This this bothers me more. Like wtf why does lucas have a modern hat. era biogt

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I thought it was a fantasy world where the story explicitly states that immigrants are coming from all over the world, not to mention falling from holes in space and time. Under these circumstances, I'd be surprised and unsettled if there weren't racial diversity.

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I agree with the others, this has racism written over it. A game about creatures that doesn't exist, enslaving Pokemon's in a ball and letting them fight hurting each other doesn't concern you but someone with a darker tone of skin concerns you more? Please invent a time machine and go to ancient Japan, let me know if there are any Pokemons in that time era.

This game is total fiction, comparing it to reality is ridiculous.

Like someone above said, game is suppossed to have some different strangers in it. Im glad they made the game with the choices that it has.

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I dont know how it is were you live, but were i come from we love Diversity, I dont know if you are aware but in feudal japan there was plenty of people from other countries including africans and europeans

Potato Paste

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP's post is tantamount to throwing bait in the Safari Zone.

Are Shiny Pokemon okay, or should we hate them for being different too?
we should they are an abomination to sinnoh's vision of what they should be. sinnoh is afraid of what hes created thats why he makes you take care of them.

Reactions: Chary

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh my!!! What is this? IS THIS A VINTAGE PICTURE OF A BLACK SAMURAI FROM THE FEUDAL ERA OF JAPAN? This must be wrong there was no diversity in japan according to this racist prick
b78416cf13ee3973b08067840c6523a0.jpg

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, normally this kind of stuff bothers me, but this is a fantasy game about creatures that can be used as weapons of mass destruction.

If this was a game set in feudal Novgorod, and had a bunch of African Americans in it, and claimed to be "historically accurate", then I'd bitch. I get triggered the most, when they self censor flags in WW2 games, it kills my immersion. I'm not a Nazi, I'm just a history nerd.

skinnyBIGGS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol with all the woke nonsense a nd cultural pc.. this is the least of your worries... I dont speak for all but most are just concentrating on the pokemon lol....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone