1. imrlybad

OP imrlybad Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    So, I softmodded my wii some time ago. Haven't played it in a good while. When setting it back up to relive some childhood nostalgia, I encountered problem after problem. I may be too far gone now, but I need the insight of some experienced modders to let me know if I have options or not.

First off, for whatever reason, my wii remotes don't sync with the Wii. This, to my knowledge, wasn't due to a cIOS install or anything wacky (though I could absolutely be wrong, but my last time booting it up was moooonths ago, and the Wii remotes DID sync to the system just fine the last time I used it). Like, they just don't sync anymore after all this time of inactivity (I already tried all of the normal solutions to this, by the way; holding the sync button on the system for 15 sec to wipe all sync'd remotes and attempting to re-sync by pressing the sync button on the system and the remotes, unplugging system and taking batteries out of remotes for 60+ min then retrying, etc [all remotes are regular remotes and NOT Motion Plus as well, so that's not the issue]). At this time, I still had my priiloader installed, and was using a GC controller to navigate to HBC and USBLoader GX for my games. I really wanted to solve the wii remote issue, though, after I found that the remotes could still sync to the system after starting certain wii games, like Mario Kart Wii, for example, where, when going to multiplayer mode, selecting add players, then pressing 1+2 on the remotes, they would sync (though they would immediately disconnect when returning to the system menu, and would not connect again until navigating to the game and resyncing again in this way).

So, my inexperienced self was trying a bunch of things, and I did something that proved to be quite fatal... I tried reinstalling the System Menu via a WAD to see if it would affect the sync issue. When successfully reinstalled, it wiped my priiloader. So, now, I have a Wii that boots to the system menu just fine, but still won't sync with the wii remotes no matter what I try, AND I can't boot to priiloader anymore as I haven't re-set it up, as I now have no way to navigate around my Wii.

When initially modding the Wii, I know I installed bootmii as boot2. So that gives me SOME hope, although I don't know how I can boot into it now, without getting to HBC, since I cannot get to HBC anymore because of this remote sync issue.

......so, any ideas my friends? ANY advice or even speculation is appreciated. I'll buy another Wii and do it all again if I really have to, but I'd love to save this one if possible.

I'm also open to the fact that my sync button my Wii console may have something wrong with it? But when I press it, I still get a healthy click, the button isn't sticky or anything, it feels fully functional, but I'm not sure; for all I know, that could be the only issue. But I don't know how to deduce that either. So I'm all ears here if anybody wants to chime in and try to help.

2. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    Cyan likes this.
  3. imrlybad

OP imrlybad Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Unfortunately, I'm unable to share a Syscheck report as I legitimately have no way of getting to Syscheck at the moment, as much as I'd desperately like to; like I said, the Wii boots up to system menu and doesn't sync with wiimotes. I can't get anywhere. I have a gamecube controller but it obviously doesn't work in the system menu. This prevents me from attempting to reinstall the system menu ios at the moment as well.
    I will be honest, I'm reading the thread you linked, and downloaded the mediafire link, but I'm not sure how to use it. My SD card is not booting the Wii into bootmii. I keep trying with no avail. I even tried editing the bootmii.ini to boot to HBC so I could use the GC controller to get somewhere. No luck. All it does is continue to boot to the system menu, where I am trapped. Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe this is part of another process altogether that I haven't tried?
    You mentioned 'why not just use cboot2 to load MMM?', is that something I haven't tried? Honestly I just need to be officially told how to properly boot into bootmii. I thought it was through keeping the name of the folder in the SD root as 'bootmii' and then it'd automatically work, assuming I have the correct 3 files in there, which I do. I must be doing something wrong. And maybe the bootmii was just installed as an IOS, and that's why it's not autobooting into bootmii, but I'm 99% sure it was installed as boot2.
    So, is cboot2 a method that I haven't tried yet? I'm open for anything, I thought I had a hang of all this stuff but right now I'm just so lost. :/

4. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    If u have the correct bootmii files on your sd card bootmii should start upon launch IF it was installed as boot2. It's possible the SD card is corrupt, incompatible or broken, it's possible your sd card reader is busted, it's possible your wii just doesn't have bootmii installed as boot2.

Edit: cboot2 won't help u if u dont have bootmii installed as boot2.

You could try autobooting a disc that has an exploit (like super smash bros). From there u can sync your wiimotes and launch homebrew via the exploit to try and solve the problem somehow. I'm not personally very familiar with autobooting discs so you may have to Google it or have someone else share some directions.

Last edited by XFlak, Feb 8, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Priiloader, Screwed, Remotes