Homebrew Am i safely able to update to 11.3?

NewWorldHodor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, me and my friend followed a guide on youtube to mod the 3ds. Its been since december since we've done this so im a little fuzzy in remembering exactly how everything works and all of that, I've updated Luma to 7.0, And i have A9LH installed, Am i able to safely update to 11.3? Im dying to play Super Mario Maker online :( Please help a poor noob! Thank you :)

NewWorldHodor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am i able to update to that one as well? Or will it update straight to 11.4? Im so scared to brick my 3ds so im trying to make 100% sure im okay to do it. I can post up picture on here of the way the hacks are set up if it helps anyone out. Sorry guys, im very clueless :\ my friend helped me out alot doing this and i just dont remember much of how we set it up. So im having a hard time verifying if its okay to update

Last edited by NewWorldHodor,

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is no longer possible to upgrade to 11.3. If you don't use NTR Streaming, then yes, it is safe to update.

Also, it is advised that users do not use video guides as they can cause issues and bricks more easily than the written guide at http://3ds.guide/

With A9LH and Luma it is usually safe to update.

Last edited by FateForWindows,
Reactions: NewWorldHodor

NewWorldHodor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats what i have, is A9LH and Luma, FBI/HB-Launcher. I went and updated luma to 7.0 just to be safe, Im just so scared to brick my poor baby... I absolutely love my 3ds espeically with the good ole freeshop. It makes the 3ds 10 times more valuable in my opionin. You say usually its okay to update? Is there a slight chance of problems?

Last edited by NewWorldHodor,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats what i have, is A9LH and Luma, FBI/HB-Launcher. I went and updated luma to 7.0 just to be safe, Im just so scared to brick my poor baby... I absolutely love my 3ds espeically with the good ole freeshop. It makes the 3ds 10 times more valuable in my opionin. You say usually its okay to update? Is there a slight chance of problems?
Is your 3DS an O3DS/2DS or a N3DS?

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, with A9LH and Luma, as I said, you won't brick, even if you followed a video guide. Though if it's a New 3DS (cstick, ZL and ZR) then you can't stream your gamd with NTR.

Also, Freeshop puts you in a legal grey area, especially with piracy. if it's on 11.2 though, rename the HBL loader's payload to the same thing but change 11.2.0-35 to 11.4.0-37. Just don't follow YouTube guides next time, if you do.

NewWorldHodor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so i just updated. and i opened up each hack to make sure it was okay. I opened HB-loader and its giving me an error code.

01fcf000
d8e17406

NewWorldHodor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay guys, So i've gotten everything working 100% now. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYONES HELP :DDDD Y'all are amazing :DDDD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's Amazon prime