Am I not the lucky guy ?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Astral_, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Astral_
    OP

Astral_ GBAtemp elder

Oct 24, 2002
    France
    France
    I just walked home from my parents', and I saw this black thingy on the pavement. I looked down...

A GBA cartridge. Yeah great !

But wait... no label whatsoever... a sticker seal... Definetely not your average Super Mario Advance. Plus, it's black ! Still, the casing looks pretty official, with a genuine "Gameboy Advance" right on top of where the label should be, and a Nintendo logo on the back, complete with "Made in Japan" and part number...

So I pocket the cart, walk home and of course insert it in my DS Phat. The thing is filled with 99 old games. Mario, Arkanoid, Xevious, Yie R Kung Fu... It might be a flashcart, but it looks more like some pirate cartridge from China. Since I already own a G6 Lite, I tried to read it with the G6 flasher ; Windows recognizes the flasher but cannot read the contents. No FAT system !

If someone can confirm my guess, or knows this particular cart... I really think it's just a read-only pirate cartridge, but well..

Still I thought it's a good story to share [​IMG]

2. fischju_original

fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

Banned
    Jul 22, 2006
    United States
    What's the part number?

3. Astral_
    OP

Astral_ GBAtemp elder

Oct 24, 2002
    France
    France
    It says :

Nintendo®
    MODELNO.AGB-002
    PAT.PEND.MADE IN JAPAN

And on the sticker seal there is this :
    PWP
    (asian mumbo jumbo)
    2006-02

4. Maikel Steneker

Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

May 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Nice! And it was just... Lying there? (that is a spelling error for sure [​IMG]) You're so lucky!

5. Astral_
    OP

Astral_ GBAtemp elder

Oct 24, 2002
    France
    France
    Exactly ! No I didn't "borrow" it, I really own a G6 [​IMG]
    It really does look like a bunch of plastic to the mundane eye, but I recognized the shape of a GBA cartridge immediately...

6. Astral_
    OP

Astral_ GBAtemp elder

Oct 24, 2002
    France
    France
    OK I played a bit more with the thing. It's a PocketNES emu complete with 99 roms (I was wondering if all of them were NES). And yeah ! I can save states ! The thing at least has SRAM [​IMG]

7. ZeWarriorReturnz

ZeWarriorReturnz Banned

Banned
    May 10, 2007
    United States
    can you take pictures?

8. juggernaut911

juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    lucky... my brother has this 100-n-1 game cartridge featuring Lord of the rings 2 for GBA. it's an emulator, my G6 think couldn't read it... has NES SNES and more

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice