Hacking Question Am I doing it right? (if I have 2 Switch Consoles)

CSpiritsong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi, folks. I would like to ask a few questions. (originally i asked this elsewhere but the post just got buried with no response).

I've got a hackable console (let's call it console A) which is on firmware 5.0.1.
I'm getting a new 2nd hand console (which is patched), but i'm not sure of the firmware. All I know is that i'm getting a console only (no joycons, no charger, nothing).

I've got games (zelda and xenoblade 2, cartridge + online DLCs) on console A.
I understand that I can transfer all those to console B.

So, how do I:
a) transfer from A to B, so that I can hack A (with any of the CFW in this forum)
b) make sure that A and B won't get banned in any way by association or anything.

I intend to hack A for whatever's that hackable (because frankly, I want to edit savegames, etc etc)
B for legit games like splatoon 2, etc, which requires multiplayer.

And frankly, i'm not that cautious enough (as a person), so I just want to separate the devices so that what's supposed to stay legit, stays legit, and the other console that may be banned, even if its banned, stays that way without endangering my nintendo account and the other console.

Doable?

AndyGJorgensen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has console A ran any cfw? If not in settings there is an option to transfer console to new console. This should transfer all saves and data to new console and unlink any old accounts.

CSpiritsong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
remove all internet settings from

link ninty account to B
thats it
I see. So just make sure do a "full transfer" from A to B (no need internet?)

Has console A ran any cfw? If not in settings there is an option to transfer console to new console. This should transfer all saves and data to new console and unlink any old accounts.
A has not ran any CFW. The reason i'm doing this is because B is patched, but i've got a few saved games + data on A, and the progress + time invested.

Do both needs to be on same firmware (say, 6.0.1)? Or it doesn't?

chippy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Transfer requires net connection and requires both to be on latest.
If A hasbt been hacked or loaded into rcm you won't get flagged for banning as you haven't done anything wrong yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.