Am i banned from smash wii u?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Im kinda High Right Now, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Im kinda High Right Now
    OP

Im kinda High Right Now Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2016
    United States
    I cant seem to find anything on this. So I was using some mods online (more then just visual mods) and my internet cut out from the rain, when it came back up I went to play smash and when I go to play online it immediately sends me to an Error Code:101 - 0811 server maintenance, when I try to go on my other wii u it still gives me the error on all games so I don't know if I'm IP banned or if its really a server maintenance but I cant find anything that says there is a server maintenance right now.

2. Im kinda High Right Now
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2016
    United States
    o I forgot to change the title, I wanted to put "am I IP banned"

3. Coolsonickirby

Coolsonickirby GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2015
    United States
  4. Im kinda High Right Now
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2016
    United States
    Last edited by Im kinda High Right Now, Oct 25, 2016
  5. avfctom

avfctom Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2016
    This is why you dont use mods whilst playing online....

6. HunterMK8

HunterMK8 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2016
    United States
    there's specific error codes for bans (even permanent console bans to temporary nnid bans). Nintendo never IP bans a network since it could be a family or a public network - therefore punishing everyone else because they connected to an environment.
    check things such as your internet connection and dns servers, since any ban wouldn't say Server Maintenance unless they forced a specific error code on your network

edit while i was making this:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    All network services will be unavailable.

7. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Getting on soap box.

Please don't play with mods online. It seriously ruins the game for others. I have 5 kids and one of our favorite things to do is play MK8 online. Lately it's starting to not even be fun anymore. When you see a player with 99999 points and they are "magically" boosting all the time (unlimited mushrooms) it makes it very hard to enjoy competition.

It has basically put an end to this fun activity for me and my kids. Big bummer!

OK, now I've stepped down from my soap box.

8. Im kinda High Right Now
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2016
    United States
    Oh I know it ruins games if you play with random people! But it was just me and some friends having fun.