Question Am I allowed to plug my business website on any section of the forums?

element6

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Somewhat of a gray area question as I know submitting your own site to the site reviews or vendor websites sub-forum is against the rules for obvious reasons.

I will begin placing my stock of modified Nintendo consoles for sale in the next 2 weeks via my website and a facebook page.
Additionally, and more importantly, I will begin selling my stock of official EZFlash Omega cards in the next 7 days.

Without breaking any rules or upsetting any one, how can I disclose to GBATemp members that I am selling certain items and provide a link?

I have not provided any links or fully disclosed to any members what I have in stock up to this point because I do not want to upset anyone or break any rules.

Last edited by element6,

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From the Terms and Rules
Advertising & Requests

Members are not allowed to create topics or posts intended only to promote or advertise their own or any website(s) without staff permission. If permission is given members are required to provide the name of the staff member who allowed the advert in their post.

As long as the advert is non-obtrusive and does not contain links to warez of any kind, members may link to their own website, forum, or venture in their signature and profile ONLY.

Begging in the forums for anything is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: asking users to visit a website for the member to gain points/etc, begging to become a staff member, torrent invite, translation, and dump requests, and especially pyramid schemes; where you are asking members to help you out by registering places, visiting certain websites, etc.
So, you may place a non obtrusive link in your signature but if you wish to fully advertise your website and services I would suggest you get in touch with either myself or Costello via PM and we can discuss options. However I hope you're aware that selling modified consoles and flash carts is illegal in the US and may land you in hot water.

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From the Terms and Rules

So, you may place a non obtrusive link in your signature but if you wish to fully advertise your website and services I would suggest you get in touch with either myself or Costello via PM and we can discuss options. However I hope you're aware that selling modified consoles and flash carts is illegal in the US and may land you in hot water.
Well what about modded consoles for superior video quality

element6

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, what I meant by modified is what tunip3 said; functional modifications.
I will be selling handheld consoles with backlit LCD's, bivert mods, refurbs, etc.
I do not see myself selling many recent consoles. I am focusing on stuff as far back as famicom.. In fact, I have several Sharp Twin Famicoms that I will be listing for sale in a few weeks. They are modified for functionality.. not piracy.

I prefer to keep the flash cartridges less advertised even though the ones I have are only for DS and GBA. While still illegal, my only goal in "stocking" these is to make them readily available to US buyers. After 10+ years of buying them from cartridge sellers and waiting for them to arrive from China, I believe I have a better way to get them to US buyers with minimal risk.

I believe an inconspicuous link to my site in my sig will suffice for the time being and I appreciate the responses. Just wanted to make sure I do things the right way. Thank you :)

Last edited by element6,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: @Sonic Angel Knight :bortz2: