Hacking Always the latest versions of cfg-loader-mod and nintendon-t!

WiiFreasko

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
the nintendont dol size is 3k larger than the one I have!
Are you using the latest Devkit to compile?

SwedishGojira

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blog.svalas.net
XP
Country
ok thanks, that makes sense now because the official dol is made with devkitPPC 27
Yes. I had trouble building cfg-loader-mod using r27 so I had to stick to r26 to be able to use the same buildsystem for them both. I might set up different ones for them in the future though as it is pretty easy to just symlink the version of devkitPPC you want before you build.

SwedishGojira

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blog.svalas.net
XP
Country
ok thanks, that makes sense now because the official dol is made with devkitPPC 27
Just for kicks... could you check out my updated files from the site and compare it to the official dol. I have rebuilt it with devkitPPC r27 and was curious if there's any difference.
I'm not at home so I can't do it myself at the moment.

WiiFreasko

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Just for kicks... could you check out my updated files from the site and compare it to the official dol. I have rebuilt it with devkitPPC r27 and was curious if there's any difference.
I'm not at home so I can't do it myself at the moment.
me neither :P, will check later

SwedishGojira

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blog.svalas.net
XP
Country
I have now changed my build scripts for nintendont so they make complete .zip-files ready to unpack to your SD-card with everything needed to run including the font files. Get the latest revision from my website :)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
One question,
How can I make the latest version of Nintendont compatible with UStealth?
Can you help me out on what I need to compile it for myself?

SwedishGojira

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blog.svalas.net
XP
Country
I noticed your website http://homebrew.svalas.net is not building a new version of cfg usb loader.
Thank you for noticing! I'm not really sure why this did happen.
Right now I use a script to check if a new version of cfg-loader is available and it somehow failed at detecting the version number pf the source. I am going to move improve this process to be the same as for nintendont soon and hopefully it won't happen again.

Reactions: worm28

SwedishGojira

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blog.svalas.net
XP
Country
I have now moved the build system for cfg-loader-mod to the same method used for nintendont.
I won't know for sure if it works correctly until next time it needs to build cfg-loader-mod if it really works or not, but it should.
Just shout out if you guys notice something wrong ;)

Reactions: xavix

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey swedishGojira just thought i would let you know that your website http://homebrew.svalas.net. is not building a new version of nintendont also when i download cfg usb loader there is only one boot.dol in the pack there is no Ustealth.dol

SwedishGojira

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blog.svalas.net
XP
Country
Hey swedishGojira just thought i would let you know that your website http://homebrew.svalas.net. is not building a new version of nintendont also when i download cfg usb loader there is only one boot.dol in the pack there is no Ustealth.dol
Thank you for notifying me of that! There was a small error in my build script from when I changed the build method for cfg-loader-mod to the same system I use for nintendont. Unfortunately there had not been any updates for cfg for a while or I would have noticed this sooner.
When you posted this I was already on my way to Singapore to visit my GF so I've been busy. Now it is fixed though and an updated build has been posted on my site.

BTW. Have anyone tried to use the new update-function on my Ustealth builds of nintendont? I have modified the source to update the dol from my site instead of the default one so you will not lose Ustealth functionality. But I have not been able to try it out yet myself.

shoemaker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for notifying me of that! There was a small error in my build script from when I changed the build method for cfg-loader-mod to the same system I use for nintendont. Unfortunately there had not been any updates for cfg for a while or I would have noticed this sooner.
When you posted this I was already on my way to Singapore to visit my GF so I've been busy. Now it is fixed though and an updated build has been posted on my site.

BTW. Have anyone tried to use the new update-function on my Ustealth builds of nintendont? I have modified the source to update the dol from my site instead of the default one so you will not lose Ustealth functionality. But I have not been able to try it out yet myself.

Another error that has come up: r206 and r207 UStealth versions do not include the boot.dol file.

SwedishGojira

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blog.svalas.net
XP
Country
Another error that has come up: r206 and r207 UStealth versions do not include the boot.dol file.
Sorry guys, but this seem to be a new build error related to multidol loading. I'm guessing those building on Windows can still build, but I get error message on my linux build system.
compilation terminated.
DEP DI.d
DI.c:34:30: fatal error: asm/multidol_ldr.h: No such file or directory
#include "asm/multidol_ldr.h"
I have no Idea how to fix this unfortunately. You guys will just have to wait until someone looks at the source and corrects it. :(

SwedishGojira

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blog.svalas.net
XP
Country
Please Download the r208 UStealth build from my site and report if it is working properly.
I have made a crude workaround and now it builds, but I have no way of knowing if it is actually working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free