Hacking Alternative way of booting from Disc Channel?

UVERoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
simplephilistine.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
I searched the forums but couldn't find an old thread talking about an alternative to CIOSCORP if you wanted to boot from the disc channel. Back on WiiGators Gamma 0.3 I used the rebooter option fine.

NeoGamma also has the rebooter function but it just doesnt work on my Wii for whatever reason. Ive tried changing the options in every way possible but when I try to boot the game I get an error and have to shut down the Wii.
Im running
Wii 4.2, HBC 1.0.6, Bootmii beta 4 boot2, IOS 249 Rev14, NeoGamma R7

So any options or did I just happen to skip the proper rebooter options by some chance?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
if that what your wanting to do your best off just getting a chip instead of booting an app to reboot to use the disk channel, makes no sense really

UVERoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
simplephilistine.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
if that what your wanting to do your best off just getting a chip instead of booting an app to reboot to use the disk channel, makes no sense really
Meh rather not hardmod my Wii. Im interested in the tracking the time on the Wii Message Board

QUOTE(clonesniper666 @ Dec 26 2009, 09:49 PM) I do not think that you can do it with just an app as of now, but I could be wrong. Is there any reason that you do not want to use Cioscor, because that is really good if you want to play burnt games through the disc channel?
CIOSCORP last I checked messes with all your IOSes. Before it wasnt a problem and I did use it but now Ive kinda lost track of everything going on in the homebrew scene Id rather not mess with it right now.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preloader let's you boot the systemmenu in ios 249 and force games to boot with it. Works with most games but not with ios reloading ones.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mousex said:
Preloader let's you boot the systemmenu in ios 249 and force games to boot with it. Works with most games but not with ios reloading ones.
Hi mousex,

I am on 4.1U softmodded and I try to get my games to run from DC as you mention above and after I reset with hooks it takes me back to the SM, game shows in DC but when lunched it errors (I get a Nintendo error screen). Do you mind posting your settings and a how to? TY.

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UVERoo said:
[CIOSCORP last I checked messes with all your IOSes. Before it wasnt a problem and I did use it but now Ive kinda lost track of everything going on in the homebrew scene Id rather not mess with it right now.

I believe you are thinking of the homebrew channel loading upside down if you install the newest one and have a modded ios for it to run on, but with the 3.6 release of Cioscorp that is not a problem since it does not mod every ios now some are untouched.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
mousex said:
IOS Reloading ones can be patched to use IOS249, and they should work after that (as far as I know...). Though, you shouldn't forget that most/all Games will throw Error 001 at you, which could be fixed with using the right cIOS Version, I know. But then, newer games will throw the Error 002 at you, which can't be fixed. There isn't a cIOS with Error 001 and Error 002 Handling yet, so yeah..kinda dead end. Not to mention that you'll also get Errors from the Systemmenu aswell, and some stuff won't work, because it wasn't built to run of IOS249.

So, you'll recieve an Error anyways. Not a good method.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
mousex said:
Not to forget that most Games will throw Error 001 at you, which could be fixed with using the right cIOS Version, yes. But then, newer games will throw the Error 002 at you.

Yep, the right IOS version, not any of Wanin's crappy newer cIOSes
tongue.gif

I just said another alternative as the others just said no and gave up. There was also a method by aquilino but I'm too lazy to search the thread for others at the moment
tongue.gif

EDIT: Ok, here it is http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130538&hl=
EDIT: Why do you change your post that much while I'm writing?
biggrin.gif

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mousex said:
Blue-K said:
mousex said:
Not to forget that most Games will throw Error 001 at you, which could be fixed with using the right cIOS Version, yes. But then, newer games will throw the Error 002 at you.

Yep, the right IOS version, not any of Wanin's crappy newer cIOSes
tongue.gif

I just said another alternative as the others just said no and gave up. There was also a method by aquilino but I'm too lazy to search the thread for others at the moment
tongue.gif

EDIT: Why do you change your post that much while I'm writing?
biggrin.gif

What cIOS are you using? I am using 14.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't use this method. I'm using retail discs or cfg-loader but I tested it when there was no 002 error (or the only game that had it was NFS: Undercover) and I guess it was anything between rev 7 and 10. And it worked (guess there was a 001 fix and as no games had 002 protection I didn't had the problems blue-j mentioned).
I don't even know cIOS 14, I know about 222/223 and 249, but wasn't 14 a regular IOS? If you patched only 14 to cIOS you should do it with all the others and games will work.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mousex said:
I don't use this method. I'm using retail discs or cfg-loader but I tested it when there was no 002 error (or the only game that had it was NFS: Undercover) and I guess it was anything between rev 7 and 10. And it worked (guess there was a 001 fix and as no games had 002 protection I didn't had the problems blue-j mentioned).
I don't even know cIOS 14, I know about 222/223 and 249, but wasn't 14 a regular IOS? If you patched only 14 to cIOS you should do it with all the others and games will work.
they do, if games are patched with 249 they work from DC. Sorry for confusion but I was talking about cIOS 249_rev14

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
mousex said:
First: Every post of me which isn't edited is probably fake, or I rushed in typing it
tongue.gif
. I always edit my posts...many Infos get in my mind after I clicked the "Add Reply"-Button.
Second: It's Blue-K (JK
tongue.gif
)

Now, I tried this way once on a friends Wii, and it gave me the Error 001 (this was before the cIOS with proper Error 001 Handlig was out). Also, the Menu throw Errors at me, and some things made it crash. I gave up then, and I can't try it, because I have a ModChip. For shure the Menu won't still work like it should (I'm thinking of the SD-Channel Loading), but the rest is theoretical. I only know that Error 002 happens if the requested IOS isn't avaiable. Though you force the games to use IOS249, you'll do the same with the Lauchers, and there you need the Fix still...so why should it be different here?

Though, I may be wrong. Tests and Results are welcome, I'm happy if I can learn something
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."