Alternative to Waninkoko's DVD Dumper

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Zhelkus, May 4, 2010.

May 4, 2010
  1. Zhelkus
    OP

Newcomer Zhelkus Advanced Member

United States
    Hi. I'm looking for an alternative to Waninkoko's Wii DVD Dump tool. The thing is, I'm backing up all my GameCube games to an external hard drive through wifi but for some reason the connection sometimes drops really really low and I'm downloading the images at 30KB/s. The first options allow me to choose wither wifi or sd/usb. I tried using an external hard drive (the same one I use CFG with) but the tool won't detect it. I assume it doesn't detect hard drives but flash drives instead? [​IMG]

Is there a newer tool that does this and has better compatibility with USB devices? [​IMG]

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Superdump is THE best dumper.

3. Lord-x

Newcomer Lord-x Member

Puerto Rico
    Any usb loader will dump the games to usb drive.(assuming the drive is compatible with the wii.)

4. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States

5. Zhelkus
    OP

Newcomer Zhelkus Advanced Member

United States
    I installed SuperDump, modfied some hex values as stated in the thread (why won't the author simply update it?) and I'm now ripping my second gamecube disc! Thx for the tips guys.

One question tho: the images are ripped as *.bin. Are they still disc images or am I going to have to run a decoder or something of the sort?

EDIT: Nope. It worked perfectly. [​IMG]

6. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    its the same as having the .cue and .bin files, just open the .bin as a disc image in IMG Burn or what ever