Alternative to Soundhax for 11.5.0-38

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by quiteannoyed, Jul 14, 2017.

1. quiteannoyed
    OP

quiteannoyed Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2015
    United States
    I can no longer access the Homebrew channel via Soundhax/nedwill2016 after updating, yet the Freeshop and snes9x still work.

Is there a way to "auto-install" CIAs without using FBI by just moving them to the SD card? What was I supposed to do before upgrading from 11.2.0-35 while having Luma CFW/a9lh?

ctr-httpwn would not work for the Mystery Gift feature of Pokémon Moon as the game would tell me "A system update is required to use this software", so the latest firmware is essential unless I wanted to go without a mega stone for Blaziken.. ha

Thanks for your time

Last edited by quiteannoyed, Jul 14, 2017
  2. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    If you updated to rosalina and luma 8.1. You will not be able to use those anymore. You can use hb launcherloader now or inject the hbl within a app via rosalina to get into there now

3. Pyra

Pyra GBAtemp Fan

May 7, 2017
    United States
    Ohio, USA
    do you have luma/b9s installed? you should have the hbloaderlauncher installed straight to you home menu, as well as fbi

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Since freeShop still works, I'm assuming you have Luma3DS installed. When you hold Select while turning on the 3DS, which version of Luma3DS is displayed at the top of the configuration settings? On newer versions, entering the homebrew launcher has gotten a lot easier.

Quantumcat and Pyra like this.
  5. quiteannoyed
    OP

quiteannoyed Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2015
    United States
    I have Luma 6.6. What does version 8.1 require? How difficult will it be to get the Homebrew launcher installed as a channel after going from 11.2.0-35 to 11.5.0-38 without having updated my jailbreak? Where do I go from here?

Last edited by quiteannoyed, Jul 15, 2017
  6. TheMachinumps

TheMachinumps <insert custom title here>

Oct 31, 2016
    Portugal
    yes
    Just read this: https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

7. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Follow this guide to update from A9LH to B9S: https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

After you do that, you will be running Luma3DS 8.1, which includes a new built-in feature that easily allows you to run an alternative way to launch the homebrew launcher.

quiteannoyed likes this.
  8. quiteannoyed
    OP

quiteannoyed Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2015
    United States
    Thanks a million for your guidance because I was able to install the Homebrew launcher as a .CIA by injecting to Health & Safety after updating Luma and using GodMode9. Now I can remove that unwanted 3DS sound icon from my HOME Menu.

Last edited by quiteannoyed, Jul 15, 2017
  9. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If you remove a system app then you'll start getting update nags even on latest firmware. Better to just move it to a new page where you can't see it.

sks316 likes this.