alternative to a broken chip for PStwo

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by matethemouse, Mar 10, 2008.

Mar 10, 2008
  1. matethemouse
    OP

Newcomer matethemouse Member

Denmark
    Hey.
    Last month mine modded PStwo just stopped working which means that I can't play to games I brought from China on my vacations.
    What would be a good alternative for the chip as I don't think I will get the misfunctional chip repaired (guessing it will cost about 100$ which is to much)?
    Thanks for answers.

2. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Well you only really have the option of swap magic or memor32 with the memento firmware , although last I checked it was still pretty buggy.

Strange for a chip to just stop working though. I'd open it up and have a look , a wire has probably just popped off. Already not working so no harm in taking a look , if wire is off , then solder it back and away you go [​IMG]. Unless you had a matrix infinity clone and accessed the menu and killed it , then you'd need to replace chip.

3. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    A new chip costs 20$, why should they ask you 100$ for repairing a broken one? [​IMG]

4. matethemouse
    OP

Newcomer matethemouse Member

Denmark
    because the supply of electronic mechanics is very limited in the area i'm living in (small EU country) which is why most eletronic repairs cost pretty much here.
    So the best option will be the swap magic? Does it work with the most games or is it just about 50 %?
    I also read something about a slidecard and Fliptop. Do I need them to?