ROM Hack Alternative Firmwares for the Original R4

Edgewalker_001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yup, apparently I've got a clone... R4DS SDHC to be specific.

But how do I use this knowledge to get Ysmenu working? My guess is it involves finding a different binary file to use with the patcher, but I dunno...

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Edgewalker_001 said:
Well... The worst possible thing happened, I tried the unencrypted _DS_MENU.dat as well, no dice...If you have a REAL one it wont run UNENCRYPTED firmware...
Download this: http://filetrip.net/f977-r4denc.html and encrypt it AFTER you DLDI patch it.

QUOTE(Edgewalker_001 @ Mar 15 2010, 09:16 PM) Yup, apparently I've got a clone... R4DS SDHC to be specific.

But how do I use this knowledge to get Ysmenu working? My guess is it involves finding a different binary file to use with the patcher, but I dunno...
Well if you have a clone it might not run...

Edgewalker_001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
twiztidsinz said:
Download this: http://filetrip.net/f977-r4denc.html and encrypt it AFTER you DLDI patch it.

That's what I did first, to get the second (unencrypted) file I used the DAT file itself

QUOTE(twiztidsinz @ Mar 16 2010, 03:19 AM) Well if you have a clone it might not run...
Thank god I'm just doing this while waiting for my AK2 then XD

xbrosss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kokost said:
I'm actually kind of curious as well. Do alternative firmwares work for R4 clones such as the M3 DS Simply? I've neglected to update when the M3 team took down that particular firmware from their download site. I didn't bother looking into new firmwares or alternatives until now with new games becoming incompatible with these older cards.

it depends on the DLDI stuff, so if you want something general, you can use a .nds homebrew version (just like loading a game, then you'd have both, r4 n the other firmware)

if you want something working better, search for your DLDI n a firmware that supprts it

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
With MENUdo, Only homebrew loading should be present in the free version. For the ROM Loading, it should be a separate flashcart because it's the "flashcart team" who does all the updates for the patching and stuff.

Edgewalker_001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
twiztidsinz said:
Edgewalker_001 said:
twiztidsinz said:

That's what I did first, to get the second (unencrypted) file I used the DAT file itself
That's possibly your problem... you need to ENcrypt it after you dldi patch YSMenu.nds

But that's exactly what I did, I encrypted it, did the rest of the steps, tried to boot, it didn't work so I DEcrypted the DAT file with the same program and then tried again, neither of the files worked.

Can it be that my particular clone needs one of the other files to work?

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
fgghjjkll said:
With MENUdo, Only homebrew loading should be present in the free version. For the ROM Loading, it should be a separate flashcart because it's the "flashcart team" who does all the updates for the patching and stuff.
If it's a homebrew only firmware, then it's more worth it to get something that doesn't look or function as well.... Like the original R4 firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm