Not open for further replies.

DeadlyAnGeL91792

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
DeadlyAnGeL91792 said:
I need help with WoodYS does it HAVE to load the ysmenu every time i pick a game, if so whats the point i might aswell just use YSmenu -________- can someone help me out I loaded pokemon black held B if told me "failed to load accept your fate" I restarted my DS loaded the game again....it took me to YSmenu....i can load the game and apply cheats fine but........its kinda a nuisance to have to go throught 2 menus to play my games...
It's a frontend, just what the hell would you expect? Would you rather have a non-updateable, but spiffy looking kernel, an updateable, but not very spiffy looking UI, or an updateable and spiffy looking UI.

I expected something practical lol, why just put two UI's on top of eachother...id rather just have YSmenu then woodM3 that boots into YSmenu everytime i try to pick a game.

If it was just woodM3 without any trace of YSmenu but the compatibility then i wouldn't be complaining, but its cool i guess im just gonna switch to YSM3...you know....so i dont have to go through wood....

(no disrespect to gaboros or anything of course)

DeadlyAnGeL91792

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaboros said:
Its not supposed to run the YSM3 menu. It supposed to load a game through YSM3 without loading the YSM3 menu. It is working fine for me.
The mechanism: after you select a game in the wood menu the wood loader edit the YSM3 ini with the autoboot functions. It enable the autoboot and edit the path for that game what you selected. In this way without booting to YSM3 menu it had to load the game. Make sure you don't have two YSMenu.ini, installed every file etc.
If everything good it only load the YSM3 menu while you loading the B button on load. It not supposed to load the YSM3 menu it self, just the loader with the game you selected in Wood.

you mind helping me gaboros, i reinstalled your WoodYS firmware but no matter what I do it just boots into YSmenu when I pick a game I followed your instructions (just copied everything over eachother) and its not changing anything....first i got an error saying "Could not open /NDS Accept your fate press B to shutdown" then after I restart my dsi and try to run a game again and it just boots me into YSmenu....the firmware is really just not working for me the way you say its supposed to.

DeadlyAnGeL91792

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk what could be wrong then....im using a DSi with a 16 gig micro SD. And it loads into YSmenu every single time I try to pick a game....YSmenu works fine and boots up the game though, fml i always get the bad luck.

DeadlyAnGeL91792

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaboros said:
DeadlyAnGeL91792 said:
idk what could be wrong then....im using a DSi with a 16 gig micro SD. And it loads into YSmenu every single time I try to pick a game....YSmenu works fine and boots up the game though, fml i always get the bad luck.

WoodYS working with editing the ini file. I mean every them when you select the game in Wood it edit the ysmenu.ini. It set the flag to autoboot the selected game and add the path of the game. So basically WoodYS loader just edit the ini file then boot YSM3 and because of the edit the selected game should automatically loaded without loading the YSM3 menu itself.
So in my opinion your problem can be: ysmenu.ini is read only.
If it is not read only you should check it. I mean look at into the ysmenu.ini on your computer and search for the path. After you tried to load a game from wood you should check again the ini file on your computer and look after it is edited the path with the path of the game or not. If it isn't edited for some reason it can write your ysmenu.ini. But if the ini files is edited but YSM3 isn't boot the game automatically YSM3 should have problems with the reading. It is important to only have one ysmenu.ini.

Currently only those problems came to my mind. I think you can look after the problem and check it is write or not etc. It is completely working for me. If you wish I can even made a video about this firmware.
smile.gif

Gaboros said:
QUOTE(DeadlyAnGeL91792 @ May 28 2011, 06:41 PM)
which Ysmenu.ini? where is the file located?

In TTMenu. It is supposed to be only there. The problem can be if there isn't any but it can be also a problem if there are two or more. So check it out. My release contain it in the TTMenu folder.

ok I found the problem, there was a 2nd Ysmenu.ini in the YSmenu folder on my micro sd I deleted it, now it autoboots my games perfect, thanks gaboros your amazing bro
biggrin.gif

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
this may sound stupid, but is there a way to load GBA games using woodYS without using gba exploader? I want to use woodYS as my primary firmware and I can't seem to get gba exploader working with my m3real and m3 gba expansion pack. Is there a specific directory the roms have to be in to be recognized by gba exploader?

Also is there a way to make woodYS autoboot and still keep sakura available on the card?

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I see...I was just wondering if it was an option.

BTW Gaboros, don't worry about it, you've already done an excellent job so far and I don't expect anything more than that!
yaynds.gif

I'll keep sakura as my default just so I can play GBA games from that(I did eventually get an older version of GBA ExpLoader working but it's so ugly I'd rather just use sakura for GBA)

Thanks again for keeping the M3 alive with your updates!

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
redfalcon said:
GBAExpLoader works fine with the M3 expansion pack for me. Have you tried the version that works specifically with the M3? http://filetrip.net/f10382-GBA-ExpLoader-0-58b0MX.html
Yes I have, that's the first one I tried but whenever I load it, it just sits there and never displays the list. the top screen is just empty except for where it says /3(how many games you have in the available folder) but nothing else shows, no folders, no roms, no nothing. and pressing any buttons yields no results what so ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1