alternate point 5 wiinja install?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by cartman100, Feb 20, 2007.

Feb 20, 2007
  1. cartman100
    OP

Newcomer cartman100 Member

Hi Guys , my brother was fitting the Wiinja mod this morning , and all was fine up to the number 5 pad install point, he tried to solder the 5 point and the pad came off on the mainboard, i have done several Xbox and there is nearly always an alternate solder point , could anyone tell me if this is the case with the Wii point 5

thanks for any help

Cartman

2. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    This is happening a lot! The best alternative is to trace the line back to the Panasonic chip and solder directly to the leg of the chip unfortunately! Just be careful not to bridge any other legs.

3. cartman100
    OP

thanks mate , i will go that for him this afternoon , he is decent at soldering (i am better though , teehee) , the other 4 points are spot on

if anyone reading this could post alt points , i think it would be really useful for people

thanks for your help [​IMG]

4. cartman100
    OP

can anyone post an enlarged image of the leg to solder on the chip , i am having a problem tracing the 5 point back

cheers

oops sorry

5. cartman100
    OP

:'( traced it back and i get it as the 7th leg in , can anyone please confirm this is correct , or supply an additional point , i only want to solder to the leg as a last resort

cheers

Paul

oops sorry

been reading all the forums i am a member of and it looks like the 7th leg is the only option :'(

6. shtonkalot

Member shtonkalot Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!

Australia
    Someone might help if you learn to use the edit button [​IMG]

7. PiNPOiNT

Newcomer PiNPOiNT Member

United States
    I had the same problem, and ended up soldering to the panasonic chip leg,

trace back from point 5 under a magnifying glass, and mark it off with a piece of electrical tape on either side, then carefully solder to the leg. its really really fricken tiny, but i got lucky and it worked.

8. Foxstar

Member Foxstar GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    May i ask why people are having troubles with the 5th solder point? Does the pad lift up because the soldering iron has been left on for to long? Just curious because i will be installing a chip with in the next few weeks.

Cheers

9. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    i guess they use a heavy soldering iron like 30w+, i worked with a 15w and had no problems.

10. cartman100
    OP

that may well be the case i think , my brother used a 30w iron, i told him to use 15w the tit [​IMG]

has anyone come across alternate points for the 5.6.7 points for the Wiinja install (apart from the legs on the chip), it would be really helpful if someone could post a picture if they have alternate points , or a piture of the legs that need to be soldered on the chip for the 5.6.7 points