Hacking alt point/fix

mzzmuaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ruined the #2 point on the wii drive by tearing part of it from the PCB. Is there an alternate point I can use, or any fix that can be done?
Even without the wiikey installed and the drive points clean, the drive won't work at all when powered up.
thanks

mzzmuaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after having completely removed contact #2, i was able to get the wii to accept a discupon booting, but now the game is locked in and can't even be manually ejected.

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried following the trace, as in, seeing where the point 2 leads to on the board, and solder the wire to that point instead?

mzzmuaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wiikey is completely out of the system right now. I'm just trying to get it to function properly without the wiikey before I attempt to install it again. Unless you're suggesting that it would function properly if I was able to solder the wiikey's #2 to the lead on the panasonic..

mzzmuaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after powering it on again, it decided to randomly spit out my disc and spit out anything i tried to insert, before playing dead again.

Soybomb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So you've not soldered anything near or to the panasonic chip yet?

If all youv'e done is destroy the contact pads on the wii, it should still work. If you've shorted them together, then you have problems. If you say you've just lifted a pad off the board and the wii is toast, you've probably done something else that you're not seeing or not telling us about. Have you bridged any of the smaller points with solder?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person