Hacking Alright Temp, I need your help.

purechaos996

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First Off, I'd use the new asktemp feature but I have a feeling this is going to be more of like a support thread then anything, anyway.

Ok, so here is the situation, My friends sister updated his modded wii to 4.3U, Now luckily he updated his HBC as well so I still have access to that, Now running most apps results in a freeze, If I recall correctly this is because all cIOS have been removed/stubbed by the update. This leads me to my first question, How do I remove the stubs? I've done it before but can for the life of me remember what the app was called? I supposes after I removed and re-install all cIOS this should restore all homebrew capability or at least most of it.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
purechaos996 said:
First Off, I'd use the new asktemp feature but I have a feeling this is going to be more of like a support thread then anything, anyway.

Ok, so here is the situation, My friends sister updated his modded wii to 4.3U, Now luckily he updated his HBC as well so I still have access to that, Now running most apps results in a freeze, If I recall correctly this is because all cIOS have been removed/stubbed by the update. This leads me to my first question, How do I remove the stubs? I've done it before but can for the life of me remember what the app was called? I supposes after I removed and re-install all cIOS this should restore all homebrew capability or at least most of it.
Just Use ModMii, and in the wizard, when it asks if the wii is a virgin say no, after that just go through and choose the options you want

purechaos996

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'll give it a shot, Sorry I haven't exactly done much Wii hacking in awhile so I'm unfamiliar with some of the newer stuff lol.

EDIT: Yeah....I rather just remove the stubs like I did last time then go through all the crap ModMii wants me to do.
EDIT 2: Yeah I actually figured out how to fix it myself >.> Well, guess I still remember a bit of wii hacking
biggrin.gif

Anyway thanks

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Using ModMii will help you understand what and why ayou are doing it.

Pretty important, othrwise you may still have issues later if you havent done the whole job.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night