Alright can somebody help me here with a few apps to load?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by smashdude, Apr 12, 2010.

1. smashdude
    OP

Member smashdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I have System 4.2U and have tried the Softmod approach and it does not work. Alright I purcahsed DVDX and loaded it and tried ALL 3 installs and it said error stub on all of the cIOS. I bought MPCE and that has no errors but it still cannot read the DVD's since the DVDX does not work. I did not buy the DVDX 3.4 as I am totally new with Homebrew. NEXT and more importantly to preserve wi-fi game data like Brawl in case another EARTHQUAKE comes and damages my Wii I have purchased savegame installer, extractor, and manager. The first two work fine, the latter doesn't. When I load savegame manager, my Wii screen freezes and nothing works. What do I do? Does the Wii brew page of patching cIOS 249 not work? I have tried it and put it under many apps and folders but it still does not work. Does Wiisave.com let you copy your Brawl and MKW data to an SD card? If so please walk me through it. I want to save my Brawl and MKW data to an SD card of first as the Wii internal memory is often corrupt. And I highly doubt Nintendo will solve this problem via System Update which they have not upgraded in a year tbh.

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Erm...with "buying" and "purchasing", you mean "downloading", right? Most if not all homebrew is free of charge.

There are other things in your post I absolutely don't get (and I doubt anyone else here does). But from what I gather on the first part, it seems that you have some stub cIOS'es. No idea where they came from, but you're right that nintendo isn't going to fix it (they're the one that created stubs to begin with...it's an anti-piracy measure). Just to be sure...can you please doublecheck what your firmware is? (upper right corner if you're in your wii's configuration menu)

In any case...try to get this application to work. It can tell you which of your cIOS'es are stubbed. After you found those, you can delete them (warning: only delete cIOS'es over 200). After that, the install should work.

3. smashdude
    OP

United States
    I have version 4.2U

4. smashdude
    OP

United States
    Alright after I download that file THEN what do I do?

5. cwstjdenobs

Member cwstjdenobs Sodomy non sapiens

United Kingdom
    • Open the zip.
    • Copy the contents to the root of your SD card.
    • Put SD card in the Wii.
    • Go to the homebrew channel.
    • Run Dop-Mii.
    Why haven't you read any of the guides people keep on pointing out to you? You carry on asking the same questions, I think, and people keep on giving the right answers but you just whinge that they won't send you the files when they post links to them...

Oh, and if English isn't your first language it might be better to tell people and they might be a bit more patient with you. If it is your first language then learn some grammar, read back what you type before you post it, and stop being so fucking lazy you won't read and follow an easy guide.

6. smashdude
    OP

United States
    So do not extract it?

7. cwstjdenobs

Member cwstjdenobs Sodomy non sapiens

United Kingdom
    No, extract it or just open it and drag and drop the 2 folders.

8. smashdude
    OP

United States
    It will not let me. There is this message that comes up saying "please insert the last volume set on the disk" or something like that.