Alright...about to buy a CycloDS but...

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by DTGS, Dec 16, 2008.

Dec 16, 2008
  1. DTGS
    OP

Newcomer DTGS Advanced Member

United States
    Where should I buy it from? Real Hot Stuff? They're giving a free 2GB OEM Card with a purchase....should I go to their site? Will they give me the latest possible version of CycloDS? Are they safe as well? And how long does it take for them to ship?

Thanks.

Posts merged

Oh what color of cartridge should I get? Or just leave it as "any"? I just wanna make sure I get one...Idc what color really.

2. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Yeah, realhotstuff is a very reliable and fast site. You'll receive your product in less than 3 days since you live in the US (choose the cheapest shipping option).

They'll always give you the latest hardware revision of the Cyclo and you don't really need to worry about the color, if they don't have a color they'll have said so.

3. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    you also get a free ds screen protectors with every order until the end of the year

4. mega man x

Newcomer mega man x Member

United States
    Got mine at dealwoot.com. Free shipping, screen protectors and a NSMB lanyard screen cleaner. About the same price everywhere else too.

5. the_rhino_uk

Newcomer the_rhino_uk Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I have bought 2 from http://www.consoleup.com/ (one about 2 months ago and the other a few weeks ago).

Both turned up with no fuss and work fine and at £30 for just the cart a decent price. I got my mem cards from ebay but they also do bundles.

6. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    Don't order from ModCentral, it's taking my CycloDS forever to get here and I just order that thing since last Thursday! >_

7. TraumaHoundNDS

Member TraumaHoundNDS GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Got mine from dealwoot.com, too. The price was right, the shipping was free and fast as they're based in SoCal. I didn't get my SDHC card from them, though, as there wasn't enough info available about what exactly I was getting with it.

8. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    dealwoot is a very reliable site too.
    In general, if you live in the West Coast, buy from them. If you live on the East Coast, buy from realhotstuff. You'll probably receive your Cyclo 1 day earlier this way because shipping is closer (dealwoot is located in Los Angeles, whereas RHS is located in New Jersey).

However, if one site has a better deal than the other in your opinion, buy from that site.

9. BananaX

Newcomer BananaX Advanced Member

United States
    Bought mine from Real Hot Stuff just last week, got it in two days ago. Needless to say, the Cyclo is awesome. It is the latest revision, and yes, I got my microSD promptly. I recommend the place.

10. Isaiah

Member Isaiah The Conductor

Australia
    got mine from modsupplier.com bit pricey but shipping is ultra fast mine arrived in 2 days

11. dragon493

Newcomer dragon493 Member

United States
    realhotstuff has fast shipping and dealwoot is pretty good too

12. Immortal Game

Member Immortal Game GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I got mine from Dealwoot too. Free, fast shipping, and prices aren't that bad.

13. veemon147

Newcomer veemon147 Member

United States
    I was looking around a few weeks ago for sites that have CycloDS and EZFlash 3-in-1 Expansion pack, and for the US realhotstuff had the best price (including shipping) and reliability rating. You can check www.resellerratings.com if you're concerned about whether a site is safe to buy from or not.

14. IchigoK2031

Member IchigoK2031 Wannabe Shirow Miwa...

United States
    Got mine from dealwoot.com came within a few days with free shipping and also if you order you get free screen protecters, screen cleaner, and if you also order 3-1 its cheaper.