Hacking Already Updated my 3DS, does that affect the acekard updating process?

harkiniam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already got my 3DS updated to the most recent firmware(done it before buying an acekard).
By doing that, in my situation, would I need to do anything else when acekard releases their update or should I update it normally?
Thanks in advance.

harkiniam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you furry-lover and asian-fighting-lover for the quick responses =)
I think my DS is still around... somewhere. I will sweep the room to find it when acekard releases the update.
Thanks again.

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You will need to use an older ds device that the flashcart can run on so that when the acekard team eventually releases their firmware update you will be able to update it without any porblems.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
as long as you have a card that will boot on the system, you can update the ak2i. instead of trying to track down someone with an old ds, why not just buy a second card? get an r4i gold from the www.r4idsn.cn team. that way you get a second great card, with a different kernel, and you'll also get the ability to update your acekard. just make sure you buy the r4i gold already updated.

Sucks to be you :/

such a useful comment. in reality it must suck to be you.

-another world

Reactions: 1 person

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Already got my 3DS updated to the most recent firmware(done it before buying an acekard).
By doing that, in my situation, would I need to do anything else when acekard releases their update or should I update it normally?
Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately you will be unable to update and will need to find another DS or DSi/3DS that hasn't been updated. Only the DSTwo is capable of running updates even if it can't boot due to a 3DS upgrade. You might want to see about swapping that acekard for a dstwo.

ortsov004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thanks ^^
I found my DS Lite so I wont have any problems updating it later!
I advise you to use your Acekard on your DS Lite, the battery of the 3DS doesn't last very much, especially when using flashcarts. You will enjoy much more play time on your old DS Lite :)

harkiniam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks ^^
I found my DS Lite so I wont have any problems updating it later!
I advise you to use your Acekard on your DS Lite, the battery of the 3DS doesn't last very much, especially when using flashcarts. You will enjoy much more play time on your old DS Lite :)
I would, but my DS Lite is actually on it's last legs lol.
Thanks anyway.

apretz

wat
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as long as you have a card that will boot on the system, you can update the ak2i. instead of trying to track down someone with an old ds, why not just buy a second card?

I've never heard somebody mention this before. How can you update an ak2i using another already updated card?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
as long as you have a card that will boot on the system, you can update the ak2i. instead of trying to track down someone with an old ds, why not just buy a second card?

I've never heard somebody mention this before. How can you update an ak2i using another already updated card?
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Updating_the_AK2i_Bootloader#Unbricking_a_bricked_cart

Only works on a DS or DS Lite. Will not work on a DSi or 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse